• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Are younger applicants preferred over older ones when becoming a naval aviator?

bukarest01

Well, I am currently living in Europe with no family in the US and going to HS, and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to go to college in the US (and get a student visa) as my parents are probably not gonna pay for the same quality education that I could get for a lot less money in the EU. But maybe when I got my B.sc., when I'm 24, I can get a Masters or something or start working in the US. So I'd expect to have about 8-10 years from going to the US at like 24 until the highest age limit of all branches which is I think 34 in the Navy when I get an age waiver(?).

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Well, I am currently living in Europe with no family in the US and going to HS, and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to go to college in the US (and get a student visa) as my parents are probably not gonna pay for the same quality education that I could get for a lot less money in the EU. But maybe when I got my B.sc., when I'm 24, I can get a Masters or something or start working in the US. So I'd expect to have about 8-10 years from going to the US at like 24 until the highest age limit of all branches which is I think 34 in the Navy when I get an age waiver(?).

So back to Brett’s question... when do you think (age wise) you can be a US citizen?

While you ask that question, search the officer program authorizations. Some have age cut offs around 29, some 32, some 35 and some up to 42. Use that as a guide to help you out.

bukarest01

So back to Brett’s question... when do you think (age wise) you can be a US citizen?

While you ask that question, search the officer program authorizations. Some have age cut offs around 29, some 32, some 35 and some up to 42. Use that as a guide to help you out.
Of course im going to try to get my citizenship as early on as I can, but I'm also going to assume the "worst case scenario" (that's still good when Im still under the age limit of becoming a naval aviator), which is becoming a citizen at 34 yrs old.

Also, I assume these examples you listed with a cutoff age of 35 and 42 aren't for becoming a pilot, right?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Of course im going to try to get my citizenship as early on as I can, but I'm also going to assume the "worst case scenario" (that's still good when Im still under the age limit of becoming a naval aviator), which is becoming a citizen at 34 yrs old.

Also, I assume these examples you listed with a cutoff age of 35 and 42 aren't for becoming a pilot, right?

Correct they’re for all officer programs and once again, recommend doing the homework and checking them out to help out with your “timeline”.