• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Are you kidding me? Navy QB charged with rape...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helo Guy

Fly Navy said:
Bullsh!t. Just like anywhere else, I've met my share of shining stars from the Academy and my share of absolutel sh!tbags. Granted, none were accused of rape. You're right, it's more stringent and should weed out MOST of the dirtbags, but nothing is impenetrable. People slip through. Like said before by another poster, you can make yourself look great on paper and in interviews. To think otherwise, is ignorant. Just look at the headlines in the past years. Think of it this way... how can someone make it all the way through API, Primary, and then attrite at the end of Advanced? It shouldn't happen, but it does. No system is perfect.

Helo Guy said:
USNA is not the same as the rest of the military. You can’t compare the selection process that a Plebe goes through to AR Timmy’s paper work at MEPS. With the level of competition and scrutiny the these kids deal with the Academy should be free of “dirt bags”.

1) Should - used in auxiliary function to express what is probable or expected <with an early start, they should be here by noon>

2) Surely you would agree that the demographic of the academy is not the same as the rest of the military.

Read the post Boot Camp. :eek:

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
I agree, but. . .

Helo Guy said:
With the level of competition and scrutiny the these kids deal with the Academy should be free of “dirt bags”.
Unfortunately, (again) there is no 100% perfect society. You just have to deal with that "10%" without letting them bring you down.

Angel18

NAPSter all the way
I can't believe that many of you just assume that he's the bad guy, or that Annapolis should be free of 'bad apples.' You really don't know how many cases just within the academies there have been where a couple hooks up and then later, for whatever reason (breakup, cheating, etc.), the female turns around, all resentful, and basically ruins the guy's career by taking advantage of the fact that especially at the Academy, the institution has a strong bias in favor of females due to their attempt to look good and politically correct. It happens a lot more than you think.

illinijoe05

Nachos
pilot
Angel18 said:
I can't believe that many of you just assume that he's the bad guy, or that Annapolis should be free of 'bad apples.' You really don't know how many cases just within the academies there have been where a couple hooks up and then later, for whatever reason (breakup, cheating, etc.), the female turns around, all resentful, and basically ruins the guy's career by taking advantage of the fact that especially at the Academy, the institution has a strong bias in favor of females due to their attempt to look good and politically correct. It happens a lot more than you think.
Really, and id like to know how you are privy to this inside info that rape accusations at an institution that you do not attend are bull****. DO you know people that this has happened to personally? Have you ever considered how many rapes DONT go reported, I think those are the cases you really dont know.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
illinijoe05 said:
Really, and id like to know how you are privy to this inside info that rape accusations at an institution that you do not attend are bull****. DO you know people that this has happened to personally? Have you ever considered how many rapes DONT go reported, I think those are the cases you really dont know.
Don't get me started. Let's face it, rape happens and so do false accusations - both are bad. Pointing out the false accusations doesn't diminish the seriousness of the legitimate rapes. I would argue that the perpetrators of the false accusations, through deceit and fraud, are the ones whose actions diminish and impugn the credibility of the genuine rape victims. Both are crimes which can permanently and irrevocably alter the trajectory of someone's life. Both should carry a high burden of proof and similar punishments.

Brett

John Elway

I'll tell you one thing. I know this guy personally and he is not a dirtbag. There has not been any evidence made available to us, but with recent events at the Academy it is obvious that they are going to be very aggressive in prosecuting this guy, whether its true or not. Mostly because they dont want Navy to get in the same hot water as Air Force did by sweeping it under the rug to some degree. My bias is obvious, I dont believe the charges. But just for the record, this guy is anything but a dirtbag.

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
I have personally seen the whole rape deal from up close and personal as my buddy was accused of and later acquited of said crime. It is a horrendous crime but there ARE women who pull the rape card when it is convenient. Don't try to lecture me because I've seen it, testified over it and I knew both parties.

As far as calling this Mid a dirt bag, way to prejudge...I'm sure that will go over well with your enlisted men and women when they face a trying time. Maybe we should just hang him from the yardarm and get it over with. Or maybe we should sit back, let the truth come out, and then mercilessly ridicule the person who committed a crime.

And as to the amazment running rampant on this board about how someone that commits such a crime could get into the academy...give me a break and welcome to the real world. It's not like the interview/application process for the Academies includes the "Will You Rape Someone: Yes Or No" quiz. At least it didn't when I went through them.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
Dirtbag or no, anyone is capable of raping someone.

Now I'm not saying he did or didn't rape, but looks, actions, mannerisms can be deceiving nowadays. You just can't really tell about people anymore.

On the other hand, like someone said, some women are willing to put the rape card on the table like in the Kobe Bryant case. His only mistake was infidelity.

trt23

Speaking of the Academies representing society....... does anyone remember the Diane Zamora saga from back in the day? (mid 90's, I think). Now, that was a doozy.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
trt23 said:
Speaking of the Academies representing society....... does anyone remember the Diane Zamora saga from back in the day? (mid 90's, I think). Now, that was a doozy.

Yes I do. Great Example!

While High Shool students in Texas, Zamora and B/F killed a young girl that her boyfriend had been sexually involved with. The body was found, the case went cold, no suspects. Neither Zamora nor Graham (B/F) were suspects.

Zamora was inducted into the Navy, USNA, in July 1996 (Class of 2000), During Plebe Summer, after what can be best described as soul searching class on ethics and the honor system, Zamora, still upset from the class, confessed the murder to her roomates. Up the COC, back down, Zamora was arrested with an admissible confession. Navy then turns her over to Texas.

The system worked, worked big time.

Of course the Media, primarily local media, played this incident as " ... another example of errant behavior by our military ... . " This was before the yellow "support our troops" ribbons became fashionable.

I never once heard/read the media give USNA credit for breaking the case.:icon_rage :icon_rage

TRT, I assume this is what you meant?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
USMCBebop said:
Dirtbag or no, anyone is capable of raping someone.

Let's see, I've gone almost 43 years and haven't raped yet....and I don't see it anytime in the near future.

That statement holds no merit.

USMCBebop said:
The Rape Card.

Huh? What the heck are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.