• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Are you kidding me? Navy QB charged with rape...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLien

Can I talk to you, Michael?
pilot
What makes the headlines and what actually happend can be two different things. Don't jump to conclusions - that's the media's job.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A) Innocent until proven guilty. We forget that a lot in this country with the media so involved in our judicial process. Yes I know sometimes the evidence is OVERHWELMINGLY pointing at the suspect being charged.

B) The military is a cross section of society. Society has a dirt bags. The military has dirt bags. It's how it works.

usnphoenix

Remove before flight
pilot
metro said:
http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,88588,00.html?ESRC=navy-a.nl

If this is true, what does that say about the Academy and the caliber of people they let in? Don't they screen these people?

Every academy, or college for that matter, has its good and bad apples. It's pretty easy to look good on paper and be a dirt bag in reality. I'm not saying that it is the case with this guy, but it would be really easy to trick an interview panel into believing that you would be the model midshipman with they can't see how you live your life 24/7.

Helo Guy

B) The military is a cross section of society. Society has a dirt bags. The military has dirt bags. It's how it works.[/QUOTE]

USNA is not the same as the rest of the military. You can’t compare the selection process that a Plebe goes through to AR Timmy’s paper work at MEPS. With the level of competition and scrutiny the these kids deal with the Academy should be free of “dirt bags”.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
btw does anyone have ANY details? Violent rape? Date rape? Possible wolf cry?

Helo Guy

Fly Navy said:
A)
B) The military is a cross section of society. Society has a dirt bags. The military has dirt bags. It's how it works.

USNA is not the same as the rest of the military. You can’t compare the selection process that a Plebe goes through to AR Timmy’s paper work at MEPS. With the level of competition and scrutiny the these kids deal with the Academy should be free of “dirt bags”.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Helo Guy said:
With the level of competition and scrutiny the these kids deal with the Academy should be free of “dirt bags”.

Bullsh!t. Just like anywhere else, I've met my share of shining stars from the Academy and my share of absolutel sh!tbags. Granted, none were accused of rape. You're right, it's more stringent and should weed out MOST of the dirtbags, but nothing is impenetrable. People slip through. Like said before by another poster, you can make yourself look great on paper and in interviews. To think otherwise, is ignorant. Just look at the headlines in the past years. Think of it this way... how can someone make it all the way through API, Primary, and then attrite at the end of Advanced? It shouldn't happen, but it does. No system is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.