• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Are you kidding me? Navy QB charged with rape...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cate said:
The trick is to be pretty enough to scrog sober. :)
That's only half the equation though. How am I supposed to get you in the sack if I can't ply you with booze? ;) Girls need an element of deniability so as to not appear as ****s (God forbid). "Well, normally I'm not that kind of girl, but I had had a couple cocktails and one thing led to another, and then whoops, I woke up at his house!"

Brett

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
I know with me women have always used alcohol to explain me to their friends the next morning...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HighDimension said:
I know with me women have always used alcohol to explain me to their friends the next morning...
Precisely :D

Brett

BigRed389

None
HighDimension said:

Hey at least they're waiting till next morning.

With me the booze excuses start the same NIGHT. :D

penderwt

yut king
Alright, gents, I think many of us are looking at this from the wrong perspective. Has anyone considered what the female midn has gone through? Undoubtedly, most of the mids at USNA know who she is, and she faces scrutiny every day. From what I know of the academy culture, most mids are taking the accused party's side. My job is to give presentations to undergraduate men at Miami University on rape and sexual assault. In the presentation, I discuss the process a woman must go through to accuse someone of rape. I assure you she's bing bombarded by questions from police, lawyers, etc. To whoever it was that said women "pull the rape card when it's convenient," shame on you. Accusing someone of rape, let alone the darling star quarterback and MVP midn, is anything but convenient. I hope you consider the manner in which we've been discussing this, basically accusing her of lying out of next day remorse. I hope you realize that this probably isn't only happening on airwarriors, but every single day on the yard in Annapolis. I've read some of you excusing rape, accusing the survivor, and cracking jokes. The fact is that most women, when surveyed, say they'd rather be killed than be a victim of rape, even date rape. The statistics on post-rape suicide are staggering, and the statistics on false accusation would probably shock you. of all reported rapes, around ten percent go to trial, and ten percent of those lead to convictions. Accusing someone of rape is quite difficult, and getting a rape conviction is nearly impossible. The FBI reports that less than 2 out of every 100 rape accusations are false, but less than 1 out of every 98 legitimate rape accusations lead to conviction of any crime. As officers/future officers/sailors/marines, we should all make an effort to change the military culture in regards to sexual assault and rape. If you have any questions on my sources for those statistics, or anything else in my post, feel free to reply or email me at penderwt@muohio.edu

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
USMCBebop said:
....anyone is capable of raping someone.
That's complete crap. That's complete bullsh!t.

I haven't.

I couldn't.

I wouldn't.

Speak for yourself --- only.

Gentlemen ... whether or not you want to admit it --- the moral standards that Midshipmen, Officers and Gentlemen adhere to have fallen over the past 40 years.

Believe it ... why am I even posting on this ... ???

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
A4sForever said:
Gentlemen ... whether or not you want to admit it --- the moral standards that Midshipmen, Officers and Gentlemen adhere to have fallen over the past 40 years.
Believe it ... why am I even posting on this ... ???

I believe, and its not just the Mids, and Officers....

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
Try Sleeping at Night!

A4sForever said:
That's complete crap. That's complete bullsh!t.

I haven't.

I couldn't.

I wouldn't.

Speak for yourself --- only.
You obviously didn't read this post, commander:
Well, I'm glad to hear it. But some people can hold and play a "good" front (sort of like a Jekyll and Hyde mentality) and hide a dirty secret. That's what I'm talking about.

I'm not saying this mid is guilty, but at the sametime, I hope he's not what I described.

My statement holding no merit? Maybe, maybe not, but there are different possibilities, even the one I just described.
What's not bullsh!t is that people CAN put a good front. You can be a good pilot, but lousy leader, a nice person, but lousy worker, the list goes on.

I'm glad you haven't, couldn't, wouldn't whatever!!!!:icon_wink

With all due respect sir, try sleeping at night so you can read all the posts! :sleep_125

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
jdam-002.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
... like you know what "Bebop" is .... :D

Nothing's taken personally HERE --- not by me --- I read your "other" post ... and you're still wrong. You evidently have limited experience with what it takes to be an officer and a gentleman or the standards required. Officers and Gentlemen do not subscribe to the behavior that you think compulsive and I think repulsive.

There ARE "different possibilities", as you point out. Just not the one you postulate, i.e., "anyone can commit rape".

No problem. You're just wrong ..... but it's a "big sky" ... even enough room there for former Army personnel and "analysts". :icon_wink

Perhaps you can learn something more about what it takes to be a Naval Officer and Gentleman on this forum... or perhaps not. But it's not personal ...

....and the bonus derived from flying the Pacific for 25 years on the backside of a clock ??? :sleep_125 I learn to get by on 4-5 hours sleep a day. And still fly a 747. How about ... you???

Limes are the answer. SEE ??? I kiss at the Army and analysts. XOXOXOXOXOXO

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
Where's the Scooter Pic? (I didn't want a Klingon!)

A4sForever said:
... like you know what "Bebop" is .... :D
You mean, JAZZ?????:icon_wink

Nothing's taken personally HERE --- not by me --- I read your "other" post ... and you're still wrong. You evidently have limited experience with what it takes to be an officer and a gentleman or the standards required. Officers and Gentlemen do not subscribe to the behavior that you think compulsive and I think repulsive.
Hey commander, I'm a grown man, I can take this criticism.

I'm highly aware of the the standards of being an officer and a gentleman. I was a commissioned Jarhead and later a Dogface, and now I'm with the 2dCivDiv. Unfortunately, (again from my VERY FIRST post), there are no perfect societies, and I've known really good officers and ones that are fake and like to "play the system" to get ahead.
There ARE "different possibilities", as you point out. Just not the one you postulate, i.e., "anyone can commit rape".
I'll take the heat for the "anyone" comment, but I won't take the heat for "putting up false fronts" (and good ones at that) comment, because those *******s are out there.
No problem. You're just wrong ..... but it's a "big sky" ... even enough room there for former Army personnel and "analysts". :icon_wink
See last answer.
Perhaps you can learn something more about what it takes to be a Naval Officer and Gentleman on this forum... or perhaps not.
If I was ten years younger, I would probably go for a USN commission. Besides learning, I like "doing" too! Hey, does your 747 jump back in time???:icon_smil But I love my analyst job real good and I'm too old to even get a commission in the USNR.
....and the bonus derived from flying the Pacific for 25 years on the backside of a clock ??? :sleep_125 I learn to get by on 4-5 hours sleep a day. And still fly a 747. How about ... you???
Do you get to do the Atlantic too? I'd like to ride your plane!!!!! Deustchland is where I want to go!
Limes are the answer. SEE ??? I kiss at the Army and analysts. XOXOXOXOXOXO
How 'bout a hug commander????:D :D
Nice photo, looks like a Klingon. From the "bomb" posts, I was expecting an A-4 Skyhawk photo screaming low in anger for its target!!!!

PEACE!

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
USMCBebop said:
Nice photo, looks like a Klingon. From the "bomb" posts, I was expecting an A-4 Skyhawk photo screaming low in anger for its target!!!!

Wow...you DO know who this is a picture of, right?

On topic: I have to agree with A4s here from a bit earlier...been a few days since I've been on, so haven't had the opportunity to throw my hat in the ring.

The only people who are capable of raping a woman are people who deserve to hang. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.