• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

@Kees I'm not sure the Pro-N's are as inclined to post as the Pro-Y's are, if I was a no I wouldn't have posted for a few days for sure...I believe NOPO actually said on his blog this was one of the lower acceptance rates in the last year or two!

Really? I thought this board was supposed to be higher than the norm.

brogdawg32

Actually, both the Pilot and NFO selection rates have been in the 90+% over the last 2 years due to significant goal increases in both programs - all a matter of supply and demand. This most recent board actually saw the selection rate come down into the 70% range. So it has actually gone down a little compared to what it has been over the last 1-2 years. Unsure yet exactly what our accession goals might be in FY15, but should the goals remain relatively high, then NRC will continue to expect higher-than-normal selection rates for both Pilot and NFO. Should our goals go down while the volume of qualified and competitive Pilot and NFO applicants remain high, then would expect the selection rates to start to creep back down as less applicants get selected.

In response to whether board rates will stay the same or start dropping @JackThoma5

exNavyOffRec

@Kees I'm not sure the Pro-N's are as inclined to post as the Pro-Y's are, if I was a no I wouldn't have posted for a few days for sure...I believe NOPO actually said on his blog this was one of the lower acceptance rates in the last year or two!

and some OR's aren't as quick to notify those that are pro N, I worked with a few OR's that would wait for them to contact us.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
No my board last July was around or under 50%.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
...I believe NOPO actually said on his blog this was one of the lower acceptance rates in the last year or two!
I don't think ~72/76% would be considered low. I believe one of the Recruiters here stated that aviation selection rates run in cycles between ~75% in the "happy times" (like this, and the last board):); to a low of ~ 25% in the "lean times".:eek:
BzB

brogdawg32

Well, I posted and was just going off what NOPO said, but you gentlemen are probably right. I just work here ok guys? :p

Bronco

Lurking Member
and some OR's aren't as quick to notify those that are pro N, I worked with a few OR's that would wait for them to contact us.

That's kind of messed up. :( Meanwhile applicants are still thinking they are waiting for a board to convene. (If they aren't on AW)

National OPO

Also - as stated before, the last couple of boards had selection rates near to and even over 90%. That has been the trend over the last 1-2 years with higher Pilot and NFO accession requirements being placed on NRC than in years past. This board's rate of ~70+% was a little lower than the more-recent 90+% rates, but still SIGNIFICANTLY higher than most of our other officer programs that NRC recruits to - some of which consistently have 20% selection rates. I dont yet know if this trend will continue into FY15 since we have been given our FY15 goals. But if our goals remain high, then I would expect our selection rates to also remain high.