• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
I could fully see something along the lines of starting the kit assembly for all the people who were Pro-Y. For the people who weren't Pro-Y taking a look at the feedback from the board (if there was any) and seeing a suggested route the applicant could take for reapplying, retaking the ASTB, etc. So that they could say, you did or didn't get in, and here is the suggested route.
You don't get any feedback.

Que3n

pilot
They're testing us all for our patience - "Hurry up and wait." Our recruiters want to get the word to us as bad as we want to hear it, stay calm gents results will be here before we know it.

Guys my OR told me that there is no update in CIRIMS, he just checked it. He said that he is going to call his ops officer in the morning and that he will know by 1000 at the latest. I usually hate mornings but tomorrow sounds like it's going to be a good one.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Some of you folks need to chill out...

There's a little saying in the Navy called "Hurry up and wait". While applying for and actually serving in the Navy, you're going to be waiting ALOT. Whether it's applying for OCS, awaiting your FINSEL/OCS class date, classing up for flight school, promotions/deployments/etc., there's a ton of waiting coming your way in your Naval career. If you're peeing your pants just over Pilot/NFO results, you're going to struggle big time in the future.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Funny recruiting story:

One applicant applying was in such of dire need to know results, that he requested contact information for another recruiter in the event results were released and I wasn't accessible within 2 hours (this was verbatim). I went ahead and told him a gentleman named Ensign Pulver would be of assistance in the event I couldn't access results rapidly. As for contact information, I gave the applicant the number to one of my favorite pizza places. I don't think he ever got a hold of Ensign Pulver...

ensign-pulver.jpg

brogdawg32

I agree, and lol at the pizza place.

I'm sure my OR appreciates me venting on this website instead of to him though. I'd rather pee my pants on a random Internet forum that annoy the hell out of my OR or processor, or go as far to contact a different OR.

tdogsmith

Dangle Meistro
Some of you folks need to chill out...
+1 I feel you guys though, it appears my NRD (Denver) may have been the first to get the results but my OR is a JO and I'm not even positive he knows what CIRIMS is (I asked him about it recently to see if he could check my package status and I got a really vague answer).

I'm confident that all of us on AW will be Pro-Rec Y, especially with such a high selection rate. Waiting another day or two to hear the Pro-Rec results won't make that FINSEL come any sooner...

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
+1 I feel you guys though, it appears my NRD (Denver) may have been the first to get the results but my OR is a JO and I'm not even positive he knows what CIRIMS is (I asked him about it recently to see if he could check my package status and I got a really vague answer).

I'm confident that all of us on AW will be Pro-Rec Y, especially with such a high selection rate. Waiting another day or two to hear the Pro-Rec results won't make that FINSEL come any sooner...
I'm staying cautiously optimistic. My ASTB scores leave a little to be desired and are below the stickied post that @RUFiO181 has somewhere, for SNA anyway.

I'm hoping for word tomorrow but if not then that is how it goes. I believe we have three? non-prior or AD people who were able to find out.

Also, @RUFiO181 let me ask this. What is an acceptable interval for an applicant to check in (call, email, text, etc) in regard to the status of their kit (and how often is too often)? And what interval do you typically tell your candidates to check in with yourself?

Last edited:

B619

I'm from San Diego and I got a call from my recruiter from Moreno Valley at 1400

To cut the convo short...
Chief: Do you want the good news or the bad news first?
Me: Bad news first
Chief: You have six months to graduate because you turn 27 soon
Me: What's the good news?
Chief: You got selected
Me: For NFO or Pilot?
Chief: Both

Pro-Rec Y! Now let's hope that I leave by the 10th of August for OCS.

Mozart

So maybe im a day late but what is FINSEL(final select i assume)? Just the official letter that you get if you are selected at boards?

Mozart

I'm from San Diego and I got a call from my recruiter from Moreno Valley at 1400

To cut the convo short...
Chief: Do you want the good news or the bad news first?
Me: Bad news first
Chief: You have six months to graduate because you turn 27 soon
Me: What's the good news?
Chief: You got selected
Me: For NFO or Pilot?
Chief: Both

Pro-Rec Y! Now let's hope that I leave by the 10th of August for OCS.
That's the convo I would have liked to have. Aug 10 is perfect me (married Aug 3rd).

SO, you will def. pick NFO RIGHT?! JK LOL

FormerRecruitingGuru

I'm staying cautiously optimistic. My ASTB scores leave a little to be desired and are below the stickied post that @RUFiO181 has somewhere, for SNA anyway.

I'm hoping for word tomorrow but if not then that is how it goes. I believe we have three? non-prior or AD people who were able to find out.

Also, @RUFiO181 let me ask this. What is an acceptable interval for an applicant to check in (call, email, text, etc) in regard to the status of their kit (and how often is too often)? And what interval do you typically tell your candidates to check in with yourself?

My applicants (for the most part) never call/email me because I've earned their trust that I will inform them of any news once I receive it. I've kept them updated with the process the entire time and they know I will continue throughout it.

On your end, it doesn't hurt to follow up with your recruiter every few days or so. Anything sooner than that I say is redundant.