• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

Kees

SNA Select
justify myself? that doesn't sound too good.

The military is all about the Chain of Command and handling issues at the lowest possible level. If you are going beyond your OR and processor, you should have a good reason (i.e. "I have tried everything, but they refuse to work with me," which still may not be reason enough). Be prepared to justify bypassing your recruiting team.

The further you go up the chain, the more responsibilities that individual is likely to have. Therefore, time is precious and costly. They aren't going to waste time with something that can be handled at a lower level without solid justification.

TBRaysluv

Does anyone know if you can ask for a later OCS date? My problem is I am within 7 months of aging out but would like to push it to July which would give me 5 months. Would that be really bad? Would they even let me do that?

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Does anyone know if you can ask for a later OCS date? My problem is I am within 7 months of aging out but would like to push it to July which would give me 5 months. Would that be really bad? Would they even let me do that?

From the way that classes are looking, the earliest you may be in OCS is August or later. A few people from the December board are still waiting to class up, with one being in July. Then you have this past board in March, that still hasn't been assigned a class too.

TBRaysluv

From the way that classes are looking, the earliest you may be in OCS is August or later. A few people from the December board are still waiting to class up, with one being in July. Then you have this past board in March, that still hasn't been assigned a class too.
Cool thanks!

The_Pants

The military is all about the Chain of Command and handling issues at the lowest possible level. If you are going beyond your OR and processor, you should have a good reason (i.e. "I have tried everything, but they refuse to work with me," which still may not be reason enough). Be prepared to justify bypassing your recruiting team.

The further you go up the chain, the more responsibilities that individual is likely to have. Therefore, time is precious and costly. They aren't going to waste time with something that can be handled at a lower level without solid justification.
Ok. first I'll contact my processor and if I don't get a straight, solid answer I'll contact NRD. But I do have a valid explanation b/c my paperwork has been done, complete, at PM since LATE February EARLY March and it's quite ridiculous missing two consecutive boards when my package has been complete for awhile. That being said...my LORs and the rest of my paperwork will be about a year old in August/September...

exNavyOffRec

are you saying you turn 27 in 7 months or are you saying you need to be in OCS at the latest 7 months to commission by age 27?

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
I've been watching a JAG marathon for the past few weeks, trying to keep my head off boards LOL. I have them all on DVD. Yes, Q the insults. I'm a little older than some of you and my dad was in desert storm, so I grew up watching Commander Rabb while my dad was deployed. Just for a cherry on top, Top Gun is ONE of my favorite movies. I can rem sitting in a F-14 cockpit way back pretending to be Iceman (as everyone knows he was better), best memories ever.

As tmrw might be a holy day for some of you. I assume some will be doing a certain religious tradition when a miracle is needed. Good luck to all and see you on the other side.

I watched JAG too growing up. Dad was also in Desert Storm, but I was a baby. I just remembered how much I miss that show.

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
I don't think I've actually seen Top Gun all the way through. It's always been snippits from when it airs on network TV. Does that make me a bad person?