• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

Josh3714

Bringing thing this back from 6 feet under. I don't think we need those strength ratings or percentages or whatever but put you stuff up if you're in on the April (May?) so we know how many of us there are. Keep everyone posted if your selected... or not. Plus you can check out selection from Feb.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...SJCIq5RZZgPvubxPGr4/edit?pli=1#gid=1909157406

I didn't see myself on there but go ahead and add me to the spread sheet if you want. I will be on this board.
26/ male
52 7/7/7
E-6

I started following this thread for the February board but I missed it. Got all 10's on my interviews and I have heard they definitely look at the whole person/package and not just the scores. Especially seeing how people with OAR's in the 40's were getting selected the last board. I know I could have gotten a higher OAR. I didn't have much time to study and I felt rushed because of it being a timed test and it started without me. I also took the newest form which I hear they changed a lot and made it harder. Anyways, good luck to all of us for the board being held tomorrow. Hoping I get my results Friday since I'm enlisted and it was mentioned enlisted finds out first.

did everyone take the ASTB-E or did some of yall take the ASTB? because thats going to make a huge difference in score comparison, especially on the spreadsheet. its like comparing apples to landmines

National OPO

All - for those of you that HAVE taken both the ASTB and th newer ASTB-E, did you feel that there was any difference between the two test? NAMI assures us here at Recruiting Command that they are "similar" in terms of "toughness". One difference that we do know about is that the newer ASTB-E uses the flight control devices - throttle and steering wheel to administer the ASTB-E whereas the older ASTB did not use these devices to help capture an applicant's ability to orient themselves in life-like flying situations and is supposed to more accurately demonstrate an applicant's propensity for success as a Pilot and/or NFO. Would be intereted in hearing any feedback if your have taken both tests.

tdogsmith

Dangle Meistro
IMO, although ASTB-E is probably more difficult (from what I've heard), both tests are comparative tests based on standard deviations from the mean which indicates that regardless of which test you take and how difficult that test is, it's how you perform relative to the average candidate that your resulting score comes from. I've seen people get ridiculous scores on the ASTB-E that I never saw anyone get on the old versions (i.e. 9/9/9 72) which tells me that someone who does really well on the ASTB-E can distance themselves a little bit better from the median due to the increased difficulty of the test. If the ASTB were an easy test, everyone here would have scored a 5/5/5 50 and there would be little separation between qualified and unqualified candidates; so I believe the increased difficulty is a good thing for a qualified candidate for that reason. But that is simply my opinion, and is based on nothing but pure speculation so I could possibly be completely wrong here.

exNavyOffRec

I have heard they definitely look at the whole person/package and not just the scores.

If you had seen the number of applications picked that I have, and known the PM on a personal level you would know when it comes to Pilot/NFO that generally isn't the case (AD may be looked at a bit different), the "whole person concept" may be touted but when it comes to selections it is a different thing.

Mozart

I took the astb-e. Ita much harder. The flight part caught me off guard. It was seriously hard. I happened to perform the best on it. Its all relative I guess. Because I bombed the oar part and got a 6

Josh3714

If you had seen the number of applications picked that I have, and known the PM on a personal level you would know when it comes to Pilot/NFO that generally isn't the case (AD may be looked at a bit different), the "whole person concept" may be touted but when it comes to selections it is a different thing.

I am talking about guys who were AD before getting selected so maybe it is a bit different. I didn't know for sure, just seemed like it based on what I have heard.

Josh3714

did everyone take the ASTB-E or did some of yall take the ASTB? because thats going to make a huge difference in score comparison, especially on the spreadsheet. its like comparing apples to landmines

I took ASTB-E but have not taken the original form of the test. That was my first try and I thought it was very hard. I actually thought I had bombed it.

brogdawg32

Then how does anyone without jaw dropping ASTB scores get picked up? By this logic only people with 60/8/8/8 should apply because they're the only ones who can get selected.

just got a call from my OR, my age waiver was denied. no aviation for me. still up for IDC though. good luck to everyone. and yeah I thought I totally bombed the ASTB-E as well. the joystick part was insane hard.