• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

I've been a total sleeper until today. I've been reading this for a month now, but it's time to contribute.

ProRec yes this afternoon for SNA/1390. I couldn't be more excited! Congrats to all the other active guys, looking forward to meeting y'all. Good luck to the non priors. I feel your pain when you talk about anxiety. Our LAN was down today and I was about to have a fit after reading the posts today on my phone. Stay calm!

Now just waiting on my LASIK waiver....

26 y/o, 3 years AD, 50, 5/6/6. I did have to get an age waiver b/c I'll be 27 in August. Had no problems getting it granted and apparently it didn't hurt me.

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
Very happy to hear about the 2 Pro-Recs with age waivers. That makes me more optimistic about the age waiver I submitted with my package.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
I'm also optimistic for the ProY for people with lower scores. Gives me hope lol
I'm noticing this as well. Makes me less nervous. But from what I've seen those Pro-Y with scores below mine are either AD or prior service. Then again I don't think anything besides hearing from my OR or NRD command will sooth the anxiety for good.

I've been taking the evening running and doing heavry workouts to sooth the nerves. So far its working.

avid

Pro Rec Y SNA
Now just waiting on my LASIK waiver....

I had LASIK as well, however the flight surgeon who cleared me (Point Mugu) made a note of it, and assured me it wasn't a big deal and that it just takes time to get the waiver.

I'm wondering if this is your experience as well.

tdogsmith

Dangle Meistro
Congrats all of you AD pro rec-Y's! Hopefully us non-priors will find out sooner than later if were joining you all! :)

The input of National OPO has been incredibly beneficial for all of us, as we don't have to get caught up in the rumor mill as far as the results getting out which is an amazing improvement over past selection board discussions. I'm impressed it only took less than two days for the AD folks to find out!

Good luck to everybody else waiting on their results! I'll be right there with ya

Jay Mouton

I had LASIK as well, however the flight surgeon who cleared me (Point Mugu) made a note of it, and assured me it wasn't a big deal and that it just takes time to get the waiver.

Your flight Doc can request they expedite your waiver request. You should get it back in half the time it takes standard request.

@avid and @AggieSwammer did you both do a full flight physical and get all waivers approved before submitting? I had to wait 3 months for my PRK waiver and another waiver to get approved by NAMI before my command let me submit. I was wondering if you two submitted before all waivers were approved. Maybe it was different because I'm in PCola and NAMI did my medical.

Mitigates

Pro-Rec Y SNA
Working this whole weekend and monday, Will likely have to call back my OR on one of my 10's.

Been working my ass off for this moment for over five years, extremely excited.

Also congrats to all the AD's! Hopefully you can show us Non-Prior's a few things when we all meet up for a final supper in Newport before our class dates start.