• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
I just want to know if I need to start studying for an ASTB retake or if I need to start memorizing code of conduct/chain of command, etc. May 12 come soon pls!
I think I'm in the same boat, that said I think I'm going to be optimistic and study the gouge.

Code of conduct/chain of command. We got this!
+1, Also I started my PPL and I have a handbook with FAA rules and general aviation concepts that I am going to study as well.

From everything I've seen here, I need to make sure my stuff is "PROBOARD" or "At Board" status this week. Hopefully I hear back tomorrow.

Last edited:

B619

I feel totally lost now that I put my ASTB study guides aside after "passing" the ASTB. My new job consumed my life so everything here seems like gibberish now that I am back for a board. What should I start studying for OCS if I do get selected and where are these study guides found?

varlogkern

I think I'm in the same boat, that said I think I'm going to be optimistic and study the gouge.
+1, Also I started my PPL and I have a handbook with FAA rules and general aviation concepts that I am going to study as well.
Errr, Since I can't edit what I posted last night that should read, since I started my PPL in the past, I have most of the handbooks and study material from back then, that I'm going to start studying. I'm not planning on starting my PPL again.

National OPO

I have not, I think RUFi0181 might have though?
All - age-critical applications are reviewed prior to the board and if there would even be the slightest chance for the applicant to be selected, ship to OCS, and completed OCS and get commissioned prior to exceeding the age limit, they will be given the chance. If clearly CANT get there from here and there is simply no possible way for the timeline to support the age of an age-critical applicant, the application will be rejected. But in general terms, the applicants are given the benefit of the doubt. If then selected, the Program Managers will put those age-critical applicants on a "watch list" and push to assign them as early an OCS date as possible for the age to not be an issue. However, as you will alway hear me say, remain in contact with your OR if you are one of these age-critical applicants/selects and your OR can then remain in contact with the Program Managers to ensure that you get shipped to OCS at first chance to avoid the age issue becoming an issue.

National OPO

All - age waivers for Pilot and NFO are typically NOT approved by the Aviation Community Manager since there is sufficient numbers of non-age-critical applicants that apply. It has happened on a few rare occassions for applicant already selected for Pilot/NFO, but were delayed from shipping to OCS due to class loading or some other reasons beyond their immediate control. In those rare cases, the Aviation Community Manager has approved age waivers for NRC to continue with shipping these age-critical selects to OCS. But these occassions are rare and NRC tries to avoid getting into these types of situations as a matter of habit.

cb812

SNA
All - age waivers for Pilot and NFO are typically NOT approved by the Aviation Community Manager since there is sufficient numbers of non-age-critical applicants that apply. It has happened on a few rare occassions for applicant already selected for Pilot/NFO, but were delayed from shipping to OCS due to class loading or some other reasons beyond their immediate control. In those rare cases, the Aviation Community Manager has approved age waivers for NRC to continue with shipping these age-critical selects to OCS. But these occassions are rare and NRC tries to avoid getting into these types of situations as a matter of habit.

Doe this apply to both non-priors and applicants with prior Active Duty time?

brogdawg32

I bet we would lose like 5 pages if I deleted my account. From the 2nd post of the thread on...smartphones: the bane of productivity

varlogkern

Well if there was any doubt that OPO is who he says he is (I never doubted)...OR just texted me May 6 board, results NLT May 12 just confirmed
Just further confirmation (to us) he/she is who they say they are. Since I know we have a little bit of a verification process to get on here I was a bit more trusting than it is was a public site. I spoke with my processor today and they said my kit should make it. So I'm staying optimistic, after all I'll find out soon enough.