• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

Mitigates

Pro-Rec Y SNA
Joining this board it looks like. Recruiter assured me I made it to the other board, but it looks otherwise. Supremely disappointed.

The_Pants

Joining this board it looks like. Recruiter assured me I made it to the other board, but it looks otherwise. Supremely disappointed.
I feel your pain. I missed out on this board and December board. My package was literally on it's way to the board, just had to be reviewed for errors. Guess it took longer than expected. Oh well. I just want an answer ASAP.

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
Just found out today that I was disqualified for pilot due to the depth perception test. Does anyone know if I can retake it?

brogdawg32

Just found out today that I was disqualified for pilot due to the depth perception test. Does anyone know if I can retake it?

Bro I just went through it. Schedule an eye exam with an optometrist and you should be able to pass their depth perception. I took what's called the titmus fly (you wear special glasses and look at circles/triangles) and got 40 seconds of ARC. Once you get that, have the optometrist sign a letter on his letterhead saying he sees no evidence of problems with depth perception, yada yada.

Have your recruiter send it to N3M. You should hear back in about 5 days.

That depth perception at MEPS sucks, the one at a civilian doctor is way easier

Mitigates

Pro-Rec Y SNA
Lets get some conversation going in here, what have people heard in regards to this upcoming board?

I believe its still rolling, which means it can be anytime between now and when it was scheduled (mid April?)
What does the high number of acceptance rates of last board mean for us?
Will it be fiscal year 14 or 15?
Whole milk or skim milk?

brogdawg32

Still rolling. Everyone thinks early April.

Should be high acceptance rates again, probably not 90% high but still high.

FY15. 1% milk

Walter

Hoping to get onto this board, just took ASTB on Wednesday and they still haven't sent me my scores other than the OAR (due to an error on my end, forgot to fill one question out on the BI-RV). Hopefully MEPS this week and I have everything else lined up and ready to go. Nervous about my age as I will be turning 27 September 10th

exNavyOffRec

Hoping to get onto this board, just took ASTB on Wednesday and they still haven't sent me my scores other than the OAR (due to an error on my end, forgot to fill one question out on the BI-RV). Hopefully MEPS this week and I have everything else lined up and ready to go. Nervous about my age as I will be turning 27 September 10th

You will need the board to be held as early as possible as you are very close to the age limit.

Walter

You will need the board to be held as early as possible as you are very close to the age limit.

Very much aware of that. My recruiter says that he is confident in being able to get me a waiver. I am somewhat skeptical but I will be applying regardless. Worst thing is they say no

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Very much aware of that. My recruiter says that he is confident in being able to get me a waiver. I am somewhat skeptical but I will be applying regardless. Worst thing is they say no
Are you prior service?

Walter

Are you prior service?

No I am not. I have told him many times "Hey look is this feasible as I will be turning 27 during OCS" and his reply has been it will not be an issue and that I can get a waiver if it becomes necessary. Again I am skeptical about this but will be submitting regardless

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Mr Spenz can tell you what happened to the guy he knows in OCS that turned 27 before graduating
I haven't heard of any non priors getting an age waiver. Ya he got NPQ because he turned 27 a day before graduation.