• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

brogdawg32

Just got my PQ today after some asthma and depth perception problems. Should be submitting this Friday

avid

Pro Rec Y SNA
Hi,

It's been a week since I've been able to log on. I'm assuming there was a recent Feb board. I missed it, but am I correct in that there will be another board in April as scheduled? I am just waiting on my CO recommendation, and will be able to submit. When Are you guys trying to submit by? Any word on a deadline?

brogdawg32

We missed the feb board, it convened last Monday.

My recruiter (who declines to comment 95% of the time on rumors) says he's tentatively hearing 2nd week of April, which is right around the originally scheduled board date (before we switched to rolling boards). Says it's not confirmed at all though

avid

Pro Rec Y SNA
Well, for what it's worth, my Officer Programs Manager called the OCM last week. The OCM gave the same time frame, however mentioned nothing of a Feb board. I'm still looking for a deadline, sort of sweating it right now actually. My command said they would have this recommendation done this week, but we all know how plans go. I just want to get this thing out as soon as humanly possible for sake of sanity.

If the board is in fact the second week of April, as stated by multiple personnel, how long before that board do I actually have to submit this package. This is six months of work that I just can't afford to throw away.

exNavyOffRec

Well, for what it's worth, my Officer Programs Manager called the OCM last week. The OCM gave the same time frame, however mentioned nothing of a Feb board. I'm still looking for a deadline, sort of sweating it right now actually. My command said they would have this recommendation done this week, but we all know how plans go. I just want to get this thing out as soon as humanly possible for sake of sanity.

If the board is in fact the second week of April, as stated by multiple personnel, how long before that board do I actually have to submit this package. This is six months of work that I just can't afford to throw away.

You have a decent shot looking at your stats.

FYI, the OCM doesn't control the board, they get their info on when the boards will be held from NRC, if they go by what they have been doing the board will be held when they reach a pre-determined number of application but won't exceed 120 days between boards.

avid

Pro Rec Y SNA
NavyOffRec,

Thanks for the information. I will have to have faith in my command and assume that I will actually get a polished recommendation this week. In a perfect world, this would be scanned and emailed on Friday.

Josh3714

I'm right behind you...I got my COs recommendation and now I'm just waiting on my pilot board so I should have my packet submitted by no later then next week. The selection rates were high for the Feb board so I'm hoping April is the same. I was told to submit packets by March 19th.

cb812

SNA
Two things held me back from being able to make the Feb board. My re-enlistment waiver and my MEPS PQ. Waiver has been approved. Went into MEPS last week for an ENT consult, everything looked great, now I'm just waiting to go back into MEPS for my inspect. I am hoping to wrap up everything in a week or two. Due to my age, I will most likely have to meet the April board or I will age out for SNA (turn 27 end of October).

NavyOffRec- Have you heard if Feb board picked up numbers for FY15? Selection rate seemed high, wondering how that will affect the April board. If I am not mistaken, selection for SNA and NFO's has been high on the past few boards, correct?

exNavyOffRec

Two things held me back from being able to make the Feb board. My re-enlistment waiver and my MEPS PQ. Waiver has been approved. Went into MEPS last week for an ENT consult, everything looked great, now I'm just waiting to go back into MEPS for my inspect. I am hoping to wrap up everything in a week or two. Due to my age, I will most likely have to meet the April board or I will age out for SNA (turn 27 end of October).

NavyOffRec- Have you heard if Feb board picked up numbers for FY15? Selection rate seemed high, wondering how that will affect the April board. If I am not mistaken, selection for SNA and NFO's has been high on the past few boards, correct?

In regards to SNA and SNFO they have more flexiblity so they probably did

SNA/NFO
April SNA/NFO Board
GPA 3.3
B.S. in Aeronautical Science
Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
Fraternity President
IFC Vice President External
ASTB 7/7/6 59
NASIS: Completed.
LORs: 3 previous employers and my aircraft systems and components professor

Thought I would put up my stats, sounds like I missed the March boards

thuntfx2

I posted this in the other thread but like some of you here I barely missed previous board. I'll share my stats:

7/7/6 57 OAR
Computer science with 3.0 GPA
4 LOR one from Army LTC

Does anyone else have a drug waiver for experimental use of marijuana or know of anyone pro rec'd with one?? This was years ago so Idk why I even I listed it but I figured to use honesty.

The_Pants

Missed the February Board, was so close to making it. Oh well. Might as well not stress. Good luck to everyone in April if there is a board that convenes. Let's hope.

Mitigates

Pro-Rec Y SNA

From what i've seen December was +50% and this board is looking +70% with someone saying +90%. I doubt those numbers will drop sharply here.

I'm also interested if this board is for FY14 or FY15, will help gauge OCS dates a little better.