• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
Meaning what? I work at a part 141 school. How are my stats? I feel like I know absolutely nothing about what's going on.
Yup that's what I meant, 141 or 61. Looking good. We have almost the same ASTB. Have you graduated already?

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Negative. This fall. What does pre-rec mean?

It means the Navy is going to give you the pilot slot, pending background investigation and medical stuff, then you receive your Final Select which officially confirms that you will get that pilot slot along with your OCS date.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Dang! How does that happen? Thank you for telling me, I'm just so ignorant

Well, after you submit your application (scores, LoR, background stuff), the board meets when there are enough applicants in the pool or around every 90 days. Your OR should get the results a generally a week later. Then the FS letter can come in from anywhere from two weeks to a couple of months.

Hybrid55

Nick
pilot
Most of us are on this thread awaiting the next board man...our applications in and praying it meets sooner than mid May. Do some reading around the forum - there is a ton of information answering nearly every question you can think of

cb812

SNA
So how am I looking? I'm not feeling to confidant in my scores.

Frequently I get asked what is considered "competitive". For those not familiar with this, a competitive profile is a set of preferred (not minimum) qualifications based off previous selection boards. This is essentially what Navy Recruiting Command considers competitive. Of course they vary for specific programs and by no means this is a tool to discourage otherwise qualified applicants. For instance, you should still submit your kit if you have a average/below average ASTB score but a very stellar GPA/major.

Biggest favors for a competitive profile include the following: GPA, OAR/ASTB scores, SAT scores (NUPOC/Collegiate programs only), and other factors (leadership experience, etc.).

With that being said, here's the competitive profile for the major GENOFF programs. This is updated as of September, 2013.

Pilot (1390):

3.3 GPA, 58/6/7/7 ASTB,
Positive factors: Flight license / experience. Leadership/management experience, extracurricular/sports involvement, Strong EVALs if prior service.
Negative factors: Drug use within last year, debt in collection, criminal record.

NFO (1370):

3.25 GPA, 50/6/6/6 ASTB
Positive factors: Flight license / experience. Leadership/management experience, extracurricular/sports involvement, Strong EVALs if prior service.
Negative factors: Drug use within last year, debt in collection, criminal record.

SWO (1160):

3.4 GPA, 50 OAR score
Positive factors: Leadership/management experience, extracurricular/sports involvement, Strong EVALs if prior service

SEAL (1180):

3.5 GPA, 43 OAR score
Other factors: Run/Swim <9:00, Pushups/Situps >100, Pullups >20, Competitive sports, Extensive Leadership, Foreign language proficiency

CEC (5100):

3.3 GPA, Architecture/Civil Eng Major (or similar)
Other factors: EIT; Eng/Construction internships; Community Involvement; Leadership positions in athletics or campus organizations, strong motivation statement