• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2012

exNavyOffRec

I'm reserve

I dunno lol

It's not like it's difficult.

I'll just go do it

If you were a civilian it would be different, but you are reserve so you are "owned" by the US Govt, we already bought you so we can break you, so they can do a PRT, to be honest it is in your best interest since you are a reservist.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
If you were a civilian it would be different, but you are reserve so you are "owned" by the US Govt, we already bought you so we can break you, so they can do a PRT, to be honest it is in your best interest since you are a reservist.

Aren't we who have sworn in and signed the contract as prior civilians not "owned" by the government as well? I was under the impression we are E-5's in the Reserve until OCS.

bluemarlin04

This is kind of what I figured.

I got no problem running it and it'll be a good diagnostic

exNavyOffRec

Aren't we who have sworn in and signed the contract as prior civilians not "owned" by the government as well? I was under the impression we are E-5's in the Reserve until OCS.

you are IRR and not covered by navy medicine, and to be very blunt, you can be at the airport and decide not to go to OCS with no legal consequences.

bluemarlin04

Similar story.

In my brothers OCS class there was a chief who was a SEAL from team 10 going thru OCS too.

One of the Other candidates, who was one of the guys who got paid E7 pay while in college, not sure what designator but I believe my bro said he was a nuke, said something along the lines of "oh you made chief last year? I've been a chief since 2009 when I swore in"

The actual chief looked at him and got super pissed, brother said he could see steam coming out his ears before he started yelling at the kid. haha

exNavyOffRec

Similar story.

In my brothers OCS class there was a chief who was a SEAL from team 10 going thru OCS too.

One of the Other candidates, who was one of the guys who got paid E7 pay while in college, not sure what designator but I believe my bro said he was a nuke, said something along the lines of "oh you made chief last year? I've been a chief since 2009 when I swore in"

The actual chief looked at him and got super pissed, brother said he could see steam coming out his ears before he started yelling at the kid. haha

NUPOC's are the only ones that can be advanced to E7 before OCS, but they HAVE to be sworn in as E6, then after a referral joins they can be paid as an E7, I am sure this guy rec'd some extra "love" at OCS.

There have also been enlisted SEAL's that were picked up who bypassed OCS due to operational commitments, there have also been LDO's that have bypassed knife and fork school, I know one now who due to operational commitments was sent right to his first command.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
you are IRR and not covered by navy medicine, and to be very blunt, you can be at the airport and decide not to go to OCS with no legal consequences.

Ah gotcha. Makes sense. I figured once I signed on that line I was committed.

3 in the green

3intheGreen
NavyOffRec--How are the OSC classes looking? Do the 29 JUL, 19 AUG, 9 SEP, or 30 SEP have any openings left? Or should I expect Oct or Nov? My recruiter said final select letter should come next week sometime.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec--How are the OSC classes looking? Do the 29 JUL, 19 AUG, 9 SEP, or 30 SEP have any openings left? Or should I expect Oct or Nov? My recruiter said final select letter should come next week sometime.

I haven't seen an update, but at this point I would say 29 july is off the table, besides that it just depends what you were slated for, some are going in October some are sooner.

bluemarlin04

NUPOC's are the only ones that can be advanced to E7 before OCS, but they HAVE to be sworn in as E6, then after a referral joins they can be paid as an E7, I am sure this guy rec'd some extra "love" at OCS.

There have also been enlisted SEAL's that were picked up who bypassed OCS due to operational commitments, there have also been LDO's that have bypassed knife and fork school, I know one now who due to operational commitments was sent right to his first command.
LDO is direct commission right?

Like no OCS or any school?

exNavyOffRec

I put this under August 2011 as well but I was just notified today that one of my people selected IW is being pushed to FY14.