• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2012

Sparticusjmr

FS SNA Newport 21 Oct
Ok, random question. I found a thread regarding this with some older info and I'm sure it hasn't changed much but just wanted a current idea of what to expect. I'm going to swear in tomorrow; is there anything I should bring? Dress up? Tell the mom to come and take pictures? What should I expect? Thanks in advance, and happy Independence Day!

Rev

pilot
Ok, random question. I found a thread regarding this with some older info and I'm sure it hasn't changed much but just wanted a current idea of what to expect. I'm going to swear in tomorrow; is there anything I should bring? Dress up? Tell the mom to come and take pictures? What should I expect? Thanks in advance, and happy Independence Day!

I swore in last Thursday so I can give you my experience. YMMV. My family wasn't there but that was because they couldn't make it, not because they weren't allowed. I've heard that you can even have a family member or someone close actually swear you in. For example my grandfather did it for my dad. My OR was kind enough to take pictures for me.

My suggestion would be to talk to your recruiter and let him know what you would like to do. I could see how it would be kind of a pain to have everyone around during the nitty gritty stuff, so maybe arrange for the events to be separate or they meet you for the actual ceremony.

Like I said, your best bet is to communicate your wishes to your recruiter.

Good luck!

Sparticusjmr

FS SNA Newport 21 Oct
I swore in last Thursday so I can give you my experience. YMMV. My family wasn't there but that was because they couldn't make it, not because they weren't allowed. I've heard that you can even have a family member or someone close actually swear you in. For example my grandfather did it for my dad. My OR was kind enough to take pictures for me.

My suggestion would be to talk to your recruiter and let him know what you would like to do. I could see how it would be kind of a pain to have everyone around during the nitty gritty stuff, so maybe arrange for the events to be separate or they meet you for the actual ceremony.

Like I said, your best bet is to communicate your wishes to your recruiter.

Good luck!
Got it, thanks a lot! I'll run it by the moms and see if she wants to go, and get spiffed up for the camera.

DCrow

SNA Primary
The latest report from NRC says all but one person (for Pilot/NFO) has a finalized date for FY12, so no more should be rolled up, the one they mentioned has been notified and they are finalizing the paperwork.
Thanks for the update NavyOffRec!

bluemarlin04

Still nothing. Hoping I would get it this week so I can swear in at the unit I've been a part of the past 8 years since it is going to most likely be my last drill weekend. Oh wells

bluemarlin04

Selected for SWO/IW on the April boards. I'm still waiting on my letter and class dates; the wait is killing me.
Join the club buddy

Recruiter told me on 4 June my letter was just waiting on a signature.

Still nothing.

Although it could be because I'm in Hawaii and fall under NRD LA that it takes a little longer to route to the satellite office.

exNavyOffRec

Join the club buddy

Recruiter told me on 4 June my letter was just waiting on a signature.

Still nothing.

Although it could be because I'm in Hawaii and fall under NRD LA that it takes a little longer to route to the satellite office.

I believe email is still pretty fast to Hawaii