• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 15 Selection Board

PigzFly

Yeah, great job JT. Nice jump, when for the most part people do worse. You can always add more LOR's. There is no max that can be submitted, I dont believe. Who knows, maybe there were just a huge amount of superstars last month, and this month there will be none, so we can carry the pack!! Good luck again.

DBDubbs

Against the general opinion as to my situation, I felt I should re-take the ASTB, so I did, and improved from a 6 7 6 53 to a 7, 8, 8, 58. My recruiter was impressed, and eager to re-submit.

Hell yea man, good improvement.

Good luck!

Dan

Goob83

None
make sure your reconsideration letter is OUTSTANDING keep it short don't beg in it. GRAMMAR GRAMMAR GRAMMAR! ALSO IF IT is going to make the MAY board you better get the kit out before th 29th. That means it must be submitted completely to CNRC not just signed out from the NRD. are you applying for BDCP or Direct?

All, thank you for all of your kind words and encouragement. I went in to my recruiter's office this morning to discuss my options. I told him that they can deny me all they want, but I won't take no for an answer. I intend to keep sending improved applications in until I make it. This is my dream, and I will pursue it until I make it, or am just too old to be considered.

Against the general opinion as to my situation, I felt I should re-take the ASTB, so I did, and improved from a 6 7 6 53 to a 7, 8, 8, 58. My recruiter was impressed, and eager to re-submit.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone. I won't give up. I can't wait until the May selection board!

Goob83

None
PIGZFLY,
YOU are an offical applicant now the wait begins. Just hit send in the OTOOLS so HAPPY DAY and drop the LBS when your pro rec letter comes back selected you got 30 days for MEPS

Congrats Navy-or-Bust. JT, sorry to hear the news. The next board is less than a month away. Keep working. Sooner, I know how it is to fight a low GPA. I started with a 1.88 my first semester. Keep working. You both will get there. Feel free to wait until the June board though - Im up in May. Ha ha. Finish the semester strong, enjoy the summer. It will work out for all of us.

Again, congrats to those selected. To those who werent, keep fighting. It wouldnt be worth it if it was easy.

Vegas

AH-1Z
pilot
Has anyone else heard back about selections on the April 15th board....I just heard back today that I got selected second increment Jrs as an SNFO (will change to pilot when I get PRK)

Age 18
ASTB 6/6/6 53
College Freshman
GPA: 2.76

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Jt, congrats man..what form did you take ? It should be on your printout

Took form 4.

Goob83 - Thank you, I will make sure to have this done SOON. My OR said the same thing - short, intelligent, confident but not cocky, and to the point.

This should be done and in my OR's hands hopefully tomorrow or at worst, Thursday 24 APR, OR says he'll have it out ASAP.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
All, thank you for all of your kind words and encouragement. I went in to my recruiter's office this morning to discuss my options. I told him that they can deny me all they want, but I won't take no for an answer. I intend to keep sending improved applications in until I make it. This is my dream, and I will pursue it until I make it, or am just too old to be considered.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone. I won't give up. I can't wait until the May selection board!

Nice score improvement, JT. Good luck to you!

So I'm assuming this doesn't mean you have to wait 6 mo's before reapplying?

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
If you make an improvement to something on your application, you can re-submit with a reconsideration letter.

Thanks to everyone for the congrats. I hope to hear good news this time around, but will keep trying until I do.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Well, I had to switch recruiters today due to a "family emergency" on his part. I'm hoping to have everything compiled for next month's board as well. I went through MEPS today...what a treat.

Looks like we may be sweating it out together in the May Thread.

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
Indeed. I'm not starting it. I'm convinced I jinxed myself :icon_tong. MEPS was a real treat! :eek::D

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I'm waiting for my grades in 3 weeks...so HOPEFULLY im the only one of us in the JUNE board since I hope that you guys get picked up in May and I'm selected as well but in June...if not I'll re-take my ASTB for July boards...like you JT, I'm just going to keep trying.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Not to threadjack too much, but I'm right in the middle of researching a dilemma. It's been discussed countless times here on AW, but I'm considering applying with SNA as my only choice. That way, I would avoid having the common "2nd choice NFO inner struggle." Then again, no telling how the board views an application of some 26 y/o guy who thinks he can just waltz in demanding a pilot slot or nothing.

My logic may be way off, but this way I figure I have a shot at reapplying for pilot if not selected on the first go around...w/out possibly turning down an NFO slot.

On the other hand, I hear that NFO is a pretty sweet gig and that I should only be so lucky to be offered a slot. Decisions decision.

Anyone care to beat me down/critique my decision to only apply SNA? My recruiter said, "I wouldn't RECOMMEND it, but if it's what you want...shit, go for it. I'll back it up."

DBDubbs

Tyler,

For what it's worth, I just got pro-rec'd SNA and it was my only choice. I figured why should I put anything else down if it is not something I'd want to do.