• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 15 Selection Board

annie8080

certified college nerd
Is there a typical profile that gets picked up for INTEL? I heard only 3 out of 60 got picked up last month...

JJH

Just got word that I was non-select for Intel. 2 out of 75 were accepted this round. Now I will wait for Supply results.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Looks like everyone had a wicked-tough standard this month. Here's to hoping it's not so bad in May, right Pigz?

PigzFly

Thats for sure. Im doing everything I can not to think about it. I tell people to stop asking questions and to quit talking about it. Im trying to focus on dropping weight and getting through the last two weeks of school. Theres nothing I can do now. But hopefully the info Wink, the BGO and former recruiter, posted is true about increasing selection for aviators. That may help a bit.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Last month I had to tell my family and friends to only contact me via e-mail. The only call I wanted was "the" call. Then, everyone started calling to ask if I was alright. Yeah, it's great to have support structure but dang guys, follow simple instructions? :eek::D

lewisville1863

I swore in two days ago and received a call from my recruiter today saying that a new procedure has been implemented that states, "All candidates that have received orders for OCS must resubmit an additional PRT score 30-45 days prior to shipping." Has anyone else heard gone through this? It seems really weired to me.

PigzFly

I have heard a number of stories in which people have had to take a pre-OCS PRT. I believe it is because they want to make sure you havent "let yourself go" since you submitted your package. I mean some guys who select for OCS wait 6 months, even more, before classing up. I know you do take an "in prt" within the first couple of days at OCS, but they want to make sure you are good to go before sending you. Not a big deal I dont think. Im sure you just have to have the minimums, which I believe at OCS is sat-medium.

fishfood

... I can't imagine the profiles for the 2 picked up...

I can't speak for the second person selected but here is my profile:

OAR: 49
B.A. Political Science; 3.87 GPA
PRT: Outstanding medium
LOR: (0-6) old sub Captain currently land based CO, (E-9) old sub CMC currently land based CMC and I wouldn't be surprised if he soon becomes a Fleet or Force Master Chief, (0-6) Current Intel CO, and a United States Senator.

Prior service: 5 years submarine duty, FT2(SS). 2 NAMS, 1 Admiral Letter, and some other chest candy. Outstanding early promote evals. Previously held a TS clearance.

Other things that may have affected package: 2 years Arabic, extensive world travel to Central America, Europe and South East Asia, 2 marathons, numerous other road races and adventure racing.

To be honest I was not expecting to get picked up for Intel because of the low selection rates, as such, I was already looking into Supply billets as Supply Officer was my second choice.