• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Appointments

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobster

Big, I noticed that you are working on a B.S. in EE. I hope to be doing the same in two years. How is it? I heard it is harder than most other Engineering degrees.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I hate writing papers too man.....so I take classes that don't make you do it! Nah, thats just a joke. Believe me, I'll take papers over labs and lab reports ANY DAY!

zoso406

Anyways...I still didn't get my wait list letter yet.

I found out from my BGO about being waitlisted.

What do you think is going on with that? Im hoping maybe the lacrosse coach found a spot for me at NAPS so maybe im getting pulled in.

On the otherhand, maybe it's not good.

Or it got lost in the mail. The good thing is that my Candidate Information page still works, so my file wasn't erased yet.

USNA rejected me.

As for the enlisted guys disliking academy grads; I heard it from an AF Lt Col, A Marine Lt (prior enlisted) CH53 pilot at Miramar, an Nrotc girl, an ex-F-14 pilot who is an Nrotc professor (I asked him the qustion directly), my gramps (ret MSGT), my dad (AF Major), and a bunch of enlisted army guys at a CAP exercize (who did use the irritating term 'ring-knocker').

Maybe I have been very unfortunate and I've met only met people who make up a small majority, but it has been enough to convince me, so that if I did get in I definitely wouldn't brag about going to the academy around enlisted.

As for the quotas, you're right. Gender is considered, whereas the rest are not. The 'second-hand' information is actually very accurate. I know the girl, she lives four miles away, sorry, I didn't clarify.

I honestly don't care about this enough to keep on arguing. I'm still sort of pissed off that I wasted so much time and energy to come so close and miss. For now, I have a thousand decisions to make, and for the first time in four years I don't have to worry about building a resume.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Well, if you actually want to be an officer, might I suggest looking to another commissioning source....

hehe.... I would like NROTC, but they haven't gotten back to me and the only in-state school that offers it is U of A, which is too close to home for me :icon_wink . Anyway, U of A lost my application and ASU gave me a full civilian scholarship, so if I didn't get a ROTC scholarship I'd still be okay.

big

USNA Class of 2008
bobster said:
Big, I noticed that you are working on a B.S. in EE. I hope to be doing the same in two years. How is it? I heard it is harder than most other Engineering degrees.

Hard. I've changed majors so many times recently who knows what degree I'll end up with. MEG, EE, PHY, MAT --->my considerations atm.

To further clarify, I like physical science and physics :D After this next semester of eng.phy, we'll see whether or not I like it and then I'll decide what to finally do from there.

I've also been thinking about going Applied Physics = less than half the physics classes required for a regular physics major and u get a minor in an engineering/science field of ur choice. So I've been thinking maybe applied physics w/ minor in MEG or EE...who knows!

I'm really into nuclear engineering but they don't offer that major here; since my ultimate goal is nuke school and sub officer I figure I may as well major in something that'll make me more knowledgable in the field than any ole nuke school grad, + something I can use in case I can't get a commission for whatever reason(I'd end up enlisting anyways). I've been thinking about math major because I think math is relatively easy and I've heard some professions w/ the degree offer good civilian salaries such as actuaries.

Also....I may end up joining Army ROTC to try it out in the fall, so if I get a scholarship I plan on doing something nice and easy and interesting like, say, history :)

BYPASS

zoso406- The Candidate Information page still showing doesn't mean anything. Mine is still up and I've received a rejection letter, but if you haven't received that letter yet, then it still looks good for you.

Congrats on the scholarship Ace!

Integer

Banned
About the week that my rejection letter is dated, the Academy switched my assigned admissions officer on me. Maybe that is a sign? Bypass and big, did your listed regional admissions officer change?

VAmookie

Just bad luck dude

You've just had bad luck dude. Sometimes if you fall under a lucky star, its actually really easy to get into an academy. Your grades are as good if not better than they need to be, and your outside activities are good. Just keep at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.