• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

Navy Airedale

SNA PRO-REC
Has anyone made SNA with my similar ASTB scores? I got a 5/7/4/ 49. That math section was tough. I applied for the March boards with a 3.0 GPA in cyber security with 9 years active duty.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Has anyone made SNA with my similar ASTB scores? I got a 5/7/4/ 49. That math section was tough. I applied for the March boards with a 3.0 GPA in cyber security with 9 years active duty.

I posted a link earlier to the ASTB scores on the last board. They might have taken you for NFO, but I don't think you'd make pilot to be honest. You should probably retake if you want to get SNA. The 7 on the PFAR is nice, but you really need to improve the AOR and AQR to be competitive, I think.

USAF_WX2USN

If it is submitted it will be seen by all, it sounds as if the NRD you are going thru is trying to get every application credit they can by waiting for PQ letters.

Yeah, maybe. It was submitted with the IDC board, so I guess they were hoping the PQ letter would come in time for the SWO deadline. So, if it does come between now and the March board meeting, will it be submitted to them then or what happens to it? Either way, I'm hoping to get picked up on IDC so I don't have to worry about this.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah, maybe. It was submitted with the IDC board, so I guess they were hoping the PQ letter would come in time for the SWO deadline. So, if it does come between now and the March board meeting, will it be submitted to them then or what happens to it? Either way, I'm hoping to get picked up on IDC so I don't have to worry about this.

They can submit but the NRD won't get credit until you are selected, for them to get credit the PQ letter has to be submitted with the application, of course the only thing that should matter to you is hoping you get selected, then everyones happy.

patton307

NavyOffRec, how long does it take someone to get processed and get their processing signed off? My recruiter said I was not able to get in on this board because he couldn't get me processed in time. I asked the friday before the first 1st of February when I could process and he said not enough time to get it all signed off on. Is this correct? Can you not get processed and signed off within say 3-4 days???? I honestly think he didn't submit me this time around because I was still waiting to go to MEPS and he wanted to get credit for me.

Also, when did they take out the PRT from the package?

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec, how long does it take someone to get processed and get their processing signed off? My recruiter said I was not able to get in on this board because he couldn't get me processed in time. I asked the friday before the first 1st of February when I could process and he said not enough time to get it all signed off on. Is this correct? Can you not get processed and signed off within say 3-4 days???? I honestly think he didn't submit me this time around because I was still waiting to go to MEPS and he wanted to get credit for me.

Also, when did they take out the PRT from the package?

The time depends on the NRD and how much the recruiter does, by the book the recruiter does little and the processor does most, but either way the 3-4 days could be a stretch even thought I did make it work, it has to go from the recruiter to the processor for review, then to the OACR/OPS for review and signature then back to the processor for upload. I also could be that he just wanted to wait for MEPS.

The PRT was removed several years ago after a kid in San Diego died during the PRT.

afsf1

The time depends on the NRD and how much the recruiter does, by the book the recruiter does little and the processor does most, but either way the 3-4 days could be a stretch even thought I did make it work, it has to go from the recruiter to the processor for review, then to the OACR/OPS for review and signature then back to the processor for upload. I also could be that he just wanted to wait for MEPS.

The PRT was removed several years ago after a kid in San Diego died during the PRT.

wat.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/10/navy-sailor-dies-during-physical-readiness-test-101411w/

"Aviation Machinist’s Mate Airman Kody Faragher, 19, was assigned to amphibious assault ship Peleliu and had joined crew members that morning for the exercise portion of the physical readiness assessment, said Lt. Cmdr. Dave McKinney, an Expeditionary Strike Group 3 spokesman at Naval Base San Diego.

Faragher was running the PRT when he “just collapsed,” McKinney said. A chief hospital corpsman who was nearby ran over and “she immediately started administering CPR.”
Emergency medical technicians arrived at the scene and tried to resuscitate him, “but he was unresponsive,” he said.

Faragher was taken to a local trauma hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival, McKinney said. An autopsy and toxicology tests were conducted but no results were yet available. Temperatures were comfortable that day of the PRT, he said.

According to an obituary on Legacy.com and in The Press of Atlantic City, N.J., Faragher suffered a cardiac arrest."

exNavyOffRec

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/10/navy-sailor-dies-during-physical-readiness-test-101411w/

"Aviation Machinist’s Mate Airman Kody Faragher, 19, was assigned to amphibious assault ship Peleliu and had joined crew members that morning for the exercise portion of the physical readiness assessment, said Lt. Cmdr. Dave McKinney, an Expeditionary Strike Group 3 spokesman at Naval Base San Diego.
Faragher was running the PRT when he “just collapsed,” McKinney said. A chief hospital corpsman who was nearby ran over and “she immediately started administering CPR.”
Emergency medical technicians arrived at the scene and tried to resuscitate him, “but he was unresponsive,” he said.
Faragher was taken to a local trauma hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival, McKinney said. An autopsy and toxicology tests were conducted but no results were yet available. Temperatures were comfortable that day of the PRT, he said.
According to an obituary on Legacy.com and in The Press of Atlantic City, N.J., Faragher suffered a cardiac arrest."

While it is sad this young man died he is not the one I was talking about, the one I was talking about wasn't even officially in the USN yet, he was in DEP.