• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to CNATRA Reserve Aviator Board

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yes and no. If you're not a member of the armed forces for 365 days (indicated by 15 points for participation) then it's not a good year. Case in point - I have one year that I was not a member for the full 365, and only got 8 participation points. Even though I got 65 points that year, it's credited as "P", which getting into the manual means that it's a partial year, and that I don't have to worry about that year when counting HYT...

How does that work? I'm not arguing your facts, just trying to understand the nuances. I didn't think you had that much of a gap.

phrogpilot73

How does that work? I'm not arguing your facts, just trying to understand the nuances. I didn't think you had that much of a gap.
I was prior enlisted (in the reserves). Then I went to the Naval Academy. My anniversary date USED to be April 12, until I went to USNA. Then my anniversary date became May 22 (the day I commissioned). I had 65 points the day I entered USNA (July 1st), but I ended up not being part of the reserves for the full 365 to get my 15 points of membership. So, that year was a "sorta" good year. Again, near as I can tell - "P" means partial, and that it doesn't count against me for HYT.

When I said FTS and got out, then came back in - I got my commission back in Mar '08, so those points (Mar-May) were counted, but not as a good year. Everything else is copasetic...

Important note - everything I've read talks about HYT in regards to YCS. Since mine is YTS, not an issue... Still only at 13 YCS. 16 YTS (good years). In 4 years (when I plan to retire), I'll have 17 YCS...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Question on "good years"

I "enlisted" for BDCP on 11 AUG 2000 and commissioned 5 OCT 2001, with 1 year, 1 month and some days "enlisted" time (BDCP-OCS).
My last day on AD was 29 FEB 2012..

Is the 12th year of service (year starting 11 AUG 2011) already "good" due to being on AD unti the end of February?

I am pretty sure you are but you would have to check your points on BOL to make sure (I can't remember the name of the form/link that has your points, can't access it on this computer).

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The way you can get your official point totals is by going to BOL and selecting ARPR/ASOSH (Annual Retirement Point Record / Annual Statement of Service History), it is the fourth selection from the top on the BOL Applicaiton Menu. In there it should have your point totals for every year including active duty and BDCP and whether or not you have a good year, it looks like your active duty time for your latest anniversary year should count for a good year.