• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applebee's

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcaeagle913

pilot
Well, as long as we're talking about low-grade, average food... Golden Corral is doing the same promotion for Veteran's Day as well.

edit: I just re-read the message and apparently Golden Corral is doing their free meal on Monday the 16th-- so you now don't have to decide between the two!

http://www.goldencorral.com/military/

jwac85

FY-11 STA-21 Pilot Applicant
"In recognition of your service to our country, all veterans and active
duty military personnel are invited to eat free at Applebee's
Neighborhood Grill & Bar Restaurants this Veterans Day, Wednesday, Nov.
11, 2009."

See...why can't the exquisite establishments that litter our bases do this for service members?

I'm talking to you MickeyDs'

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Free food but limited to an ever smaller slice of their menu. Not worth it. Only six things to choose from. Come on.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Free food but limited to an ever smaller slice of their menu. Not worth it. Only six things to choose from. Come on.

Ahhh, c'mon now...it's a nice gesture. Much more than most offer. I always appreciate when businesses do something for the military, no matter how shitty the food. I usually try and go out of my way to try and thank the owner. Sure, I'd be there regardless, but it's nice to be recognized, so I like to reciprocate (like Home Depot and Lowe's in Norfolk as well).

Remember that a "successful" restaurant business makes approx. 2-3% profit on their menu. Booze is what brings the $$ in.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Get off your high horses...

You know what...the more I think about it and the ORIGINAL purpose of this post:

STOP WHINING and get off your high horses talking about the establishments that provides free meals to the military ANY day out of the year, let alone one that is actually MEANT to HONOR US.

Seriously, this is what I'm talking about when I say this God-forsaken generation believes they are ENTITLED to FREE FOOD that's from an establishment rating 5 FvCKING STARS when in reality these "Good" food places would rather $hit on a plate then serve the military and appreciate what we do.:icon_rage:icon_rage

If you don't like the place, great. Your fvckin' choice to keep you and your entitlement-seeking rugrats out of there. But get back to the original purpose of this post and if you do seek free food, served by a place that passed a health inspection AND one that wants to actually do something for you and yours then get out of your shell and go enjoy the meal. IF you don't, great...keep driving and enjoy your Outback Steak. I don't care.

Additionally anyone who hasn't served food or worked for a restaurant shouldn't even have the rights to discuss the quality of an establishment as they have no idea what they are talking about, but that goes against my libertarian ideals and I guess that IS your right, no matter how fvcking retarded you sound.

/end rant

Status
Not open for further replies.