• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API to Primary Wait - Whiting

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I call BS. I graduted API in April and got to advanced in Nov. Only just now am I seeing guys from my API class show up. Vance is definitely quicker. There's no way you can compete with double and triple turning every day. By no means am I advocating the Air Force way of training, but they really sling you through.

Met some UPT dudes in Austin one weekend. They ask: "Hey, when's your graduation date?" Me: "Uh, what's that?"

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I call BS. I graduted API in April and got to advanced in Nov. Only just now am I seeing guys from my API class show up. Vance is definitely quicker. There's no way you can compete with double and triple turning every day. By no means am I advocating the Air Force way of training, but they really sling you through.

Hey you -- you're not doing anything, now you've got a sim that starts in twenty minutes. Don't be late!

So that is 7 months from the end of API to the end of Primary?
I finished API mid August and finished Primary mid jan...that is 2 months faster.

The guys in my API class that went to Vance just solo'd recently. The guy I knew who started API ~2 months ahead of me just got down to Milton and will start advanced after me. The guy who went to Vance in my advanced class started API ~3-4 months ahead of me. (Anecdotal evidence is the best kind)

I'm sure Vance is fast...but that doesn't mean Whiting can't be faster...it is a crap shoot either way. Except when things are slow at Whiting - SNA's are drinking beers instead of sitting in some classroom reciting EP (or whatever those guys do up there for 12 hours a day).

Can't believe I am debating on the internet about Vance...I'm gonna go drink a Dead Guy Ale.

parrothead08

KCCO
pilot
Checked in to TW5 today. I'm going VT-2, starting 21 March. The other Coastie from my API class is going to be the first stud in VT-6 flying the T-6. I think one of the Marines in my class is going with him. He starts 4 April. All the Marines went to VT-3, starting 28 March. For anyone who cares.

kelt348

I just classes up in VT-6 Last Monday. Apparently I'm in the last t-34 class of VT-6, so they say. But it only took a week and a half after showing up after API before I classes up. Someone in the API class ahead of me classes up the same day that she checked in to TW-5

Stick

pilot
I just classes up in VT-6 Last Monday. Apparently I'm in the last t-34 class of VT-6, so they say. But it only took a week and a half after showing up after API before I classes up. Someone in the API class ahead of me classes up the same day that she checked in to TW-5

I just got assigned to VT-6 with a class-up date of May 16 and I am scheduled to fly the T-34. Everyone else going to VT-6 with me is scheduled to fly the T-6 and I'm the only T-34 guy. I don't know if it was just a typo or what, but I don't really care. I am just happy to be here and get the chance to fly.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
I just got assigned to VT-6 with a class-up date of May 16 and I am scheduled to fly the T-34. Everyone else going to VT-6 with me is scheduled to fly the T-6 and I'm the only T-34 guy. I don't know if it was just a typo or what, but I don't really care. I am just happy to be here and get the chance to fly.

More than likely a typo, but I would ask about it for clarification. You dont want to miss gear fitting appointments because you thought you were flying T-34s when in fact you were flying T-6s. I Just started with -6 and the talk is that they are no longer taking T-34 students. I could be missinformed but you should definately ask STUCON about it.

parrothead08

KCCO
pilot
More than likely a typo. I checked in to TW5 in March. There were 10 guys going to VT3. One had VT3; T-34 next to his name. They don't have T-34s. The first T-6 class for VT-6 started a week or so ago.

Let me know if you need me to use more numbers and "Ts" in future posts.

Stick

pilot
I asked STUCON the other day about it and they said it was correct. Today we had a brief by an IP from VT-6 so I asked him about it and he said it had to be a typo. Then I was informed that it was a typo and I will be in the T-6. I figured it was a mistake and that's why I asked yesterday, but glad it finally got cleared up. Now I will be spending as much time with my wife as possible before class up. Although I can't wait to get started.

And thanks everyone for the info.

KBayDog

I asked STUCON the other day about it and they said it was correct. Today we had a brief by an IP from VT-6 so I asked him about it and he said it had to be a typo. Then I was informed that it was a typo and I will be in the T-6. I figured it was a mistake and that's why I asked yesterday, but glad it finally got cleared up. Now I will be spending as much time with my wife as possible before class up.

Clear as mud?

parrothead08

KCCO
pilot
I asked STUCON the other day about it and they said it was correct. Today we had a brief by an IP from VT-6 so I asked him about it and he said it had to be a typo. Then I was informed that it was a typo and I will be in the T-6. I figured it was a mistake and that's why I asked yesterday, but glad it finally got cleared up. Now I will be spending as much time with my wife as possible before class up. Although I can't wait to get started.

And thanks everyone for the info.

Enjoy the time off man. A lot of guys told me to start studying before I classed up. I spent time with the future wife and am glad I did. I started looking at EPs when I was at the beach. I'm at the same level as the guys who spent their 2 weeks studying. Granted I'm in 34s, but still. Good luck and don't run me over in the pattern.