• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API to Primary Wait - Whiting

parrothead08

KCCO
pilot
Did a search of the site/google search and came up with nothing.

Anyone have any insight on the wait to start Primary at Whiting after finishing API?
I'll be finishing API (knock on wood) in a couple weeks.

Heard through the RM that VT-3 and VT-6 are a couple of months. Hoping that is not the case. Thanks.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Same place as parrot and with tentative 4 navy spots for corpus, whiting statistically looks like where i'll be headed. Any one CURRENTLY IN VT6 and know when the T-6 classes are starting? I know VT2 is going to be rocking the charlie for a while longer, but a 2ndLT in vt6 "said" he was the last 34 class. Kinda curious if any one knows if his rumor is just rumor.

Irony, is a buddy went to vance and got a 6 week wait... doesnt sound bad about now (the wait, not vance)

HueyCobra8151

pilot
That doesn't sound right that that 2ndLt would be the last -34 class. VT-6 hasn't even gotten any T-6's yet, unless they got some in the last few weeks.

Edit: Oh yeah, Vance is (was?) slower than Whiting recently. Wx has been poor lately so that might equalize it, but guys who started API months ahead of me are behind me now coming from Vance.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Same place as parrot and with tentative 4 navy spots for corpus, whiting statistically looks like where i'll be headed. Any one CURRENTLY IN VT6 and know when the T-6 classes are starting? I know VT2 is going to be rocking the charlie for a while longer, but a 2ndLT in vt6 "said" he was the last 34 class. Kinda curious if any one knows if his rumor is just rumor.

Irony, is a buddy went to vance and got a 6 week wait... doesnt sound bad about now (the wait, not vance)

Sounds like BS to me...

A friend of mine is a VT-6 instructor. He was one of their first ones to go to the FITU for the transition in early December. A couple weeks ago he said it would be March or April before he will be ready to fly with students, and he wasn't sure if that would be with 6 or 3 at first. But with the weather here the last couple weeks that's probably sliding to the right with everyone else's syllabus.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Ouch.

At least it's VT-2. Best primary squadron around. Man I miss whiting, and Pensacola in general...

parrothead08

KCCO
pilot
Thanks for all the replies. I've heard from other studs that VT-2 is a quick turn-around. VT-3/VT-6 YMMV.

Edit to above: I've heard VT-3/VT-6 YMMV.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Trust me, YMMV throughout the TRACOM. Even within squadrons, there will be people who are about to complete and others in their same class still in Contacts. It happens.

Edit, to add to the above, just show up when you're told and be prepared. Everything else is out of your hands.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Sounds like BS to me...

A friend of mine is a VT-6 instructor. He was one of their first ones to go to the FITU for the transition in early December. A couple weeks ago he said it would be March or April before he will be ready to fly with students, and he wasn't sure if that would be with 6 or 3 at first. But with the weather here the last couple weeks that's probably sliding to the right with everyone else's syllabus.

Rgr thanks. I did a little more investigations myself and that seemed like the trend. Also read an article in navy crimes about it, funny they said the t-6b would better prepare students to fly the f-18 C SUPER HORNET, ha. Top that, going to corpus now, so gotta make sure everyone finishes the last few test strong, so everyone will stay slated for the same places.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Edit: Oh yeah, Vance is (was?) slower than Whiting recently. Wx has been poor lately so that might equalize it, but guys who started API months ahead of me are behind me now coming from Vance.

I call BS. I graduted API in April and got to advanced in Nov. Only just now am I seeing guys from my API class show up. Vance is definitely quicker. There's no way you can compete with double and triple turning every day. By no means am I advocating the Air Force way of training, but they really sling you through.

Hey you -- you're not doing anything, now you've got a sim that starts in twenty minutes. Don't be late!