• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone use their old government issued stuff to do other stuff now?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just got a new short block installed on the 1999 Manco mini bike and I gotta ride it...but it's 30*F outside...no problem...I busted out the AOCS issued G-1! It's the first time I've ever utilized the 'collar up' mode with the spiffy collar strap & button feature...and it works FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!

That's actually no shit. I have 2 or 3 winter bike jackets, but my issued G-1 is still the best motorcycle jacket I own. The collar is gouge.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I still have my dry suit - @mad dog keeps looking for a photo op - as long as it doesn't do me long term physical harm (swimming in Ohio river with it for instance)

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I don't think I've ever put a helmet in a helmet bag. That's for pubs and stuff.
I did a back seat ride in an F-15B and the AF is big about stepping to the jet with the helmet in the helmet bag . Oh and they wear piss cutters on the flight line and in the jet until you put said helmet on. Empty helmet bag gets squished into map case.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I've found the helmet bag invaluable when having to fly with it on Comair, which is an annoying process made slightly easier with the bag.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I plan to use my NWU "Aquaflage" as kindling in... 19 days. More money I'm spending so someone else can get a FITREP bullet... sigh.

When I went to work for the Iron Works, my new flight gear included a parachute bag with a heavy-duty strap sewn on by the SAMC riggers. Totally awesome and I don't know why they aren't built up that way in the Fleet.

Now THAT would be a fantastic project for the uniform commission, or whatever the hell they're calling the shirt-untucked uniform testing committee these days. You could sell it with reduced cost to the government in back surgeries, etc. over the lifetime of all pilots and squadron maintainers (especially PRs).

I did a back seat ride in an F-15B and the AF is big about stepping to the jet with the helmet in the helmet bag . Oh and they wear piss cutters on the flight line and in the jet until you put said helmet on. Empty helmet bag gets squished into map case.

You said "stepping"... That's a $5 fine, my friend. ;)