• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone use their old government issued stuff to do other stuff now?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Regarding gloves...
...every time I put them on, some smartass asks me if I am going to wear them in the airlines. Maybe I will...no better way to make a great first impression.
I double-dog dare you to do it!

Hold on...

I triple-dog dare you to do it!

:D

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Gloves are also the E-6 oven mit, although I do wear mine to air refuel due to moisture accumulation and sometimes when I land depending on how I feel.

Every time I put them on, some smartass asks me if I am going to wear them in the airlines. Maybe I will...no better way to make a great first impression.
I got a good laugh there. I think I might just have to do that to see what reaction I get during OE.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wear them when you go to the back to help the FA's clean the cabin. :cool: Many of them wear rubber gloves when they do it.
Help clean the cabin? That must be when I go back to first class to pick up the newspapers and magazine left behind that I haven't read yet.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Man...my wife says I need to "just let go of" (throw away) the old helmet bag since the handles are giving way (again). I had the handles replaced at the local shoe shop several years ago but they have also begun to give way...so I went into "duct tape mode" and made some spiffy duct tape handles (see pic below). WORKS GOOD LASTS LONG TIME! Actually, we'll see how long it lasts...but it's held up for 3 whole days now. :D

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Just got a new short block installed on the 1999 Manco mini bike and I gotta ride it...but it's 30*F outside...no problem...I busted out the AOCS issued G-1! It's the first time I've ever utilized the 'collar up' mode with the spiffy collar strap & button feature...and it works FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!

Last edited: