• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone else see a roadtrip coming?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
So the SDO called and said "Just a heads up that we will likely be preemptively evacking tomorrow. We're not evacking yet, but we might be tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know.":confused:

Thanks, that tells me a lot. It also ruined all my mojo to study for that sim tomorrow.

The worst part? He called my wife, who is current running around unplugging everything and wrapping all our electronics in garbage bags. :eek:

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms
I just got the call, Kingsville is getting all its jets out. Looks like I'm going on the road for RI's sooner than I thought.

MasterBates

I call NOT RDO!

Cat 1 or 2, I'll wrap up the PUMA, and leave it here. CAT-3, Pull chocks (and house) and go to an RV park just south of the river walk.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gotta say it is nice being an ENS and not having more valuable stuff than you have room for in your trunk....
So true. Weathered out Ivan by throwing everything I owned in plastic bags and putting them in the bathtub. Didn't lose a thing except the contents of my fridge and a flooded out BOQ room I later got exchanged for an untouched, leeward one. My car was untouched and got a nice power washing. I felt a little guilty seeing how everyone else got schwacked.

Couldn't get away with that now.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
So the SDO called and said "Just a heads up that we will likely be preemptively evacking tomorrow. We're not evacking yet, but we might be tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know.":confused:
POINT OF ORDER!!!

Precautionary evacuations made due to eminent landfall of a hurricane are known as HURREVACs. This may be shortened to EVAC, with the verb form being EVACing.

Closely related to the HURREVAC is the MEDEVAC, or Medical Evacuation. Note, it is MEDEVAC, not MEDIVAC.

Scoob now yields the floor, pet peave having been assuaged.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
with the verb form being EVACing.

But then it looks like it aught to sound like a soft 'c' when pronounced, like "evassing" or "evaysing".

Also, it says "evacking" on some of the flyers posted 'round here, so I figgered that was the accepted form. Mea culpa.

Rearden

So what's broken on this jet today, Chief?
None
Just so long as it stays down by all you Texas boys, I'm just fine.

POINT OF ORDER!!!

Precautionary evacuations made due to eminent landfall of a hurricane are known as HURREVACs. This may be shortened to EVAC, with the verb form being EVACing.

Closely related to the HURREVAC is the MEDEVAC, or Medical Evacuation. Note, it is MEDEVAC, not MEDIVAC.

Scoob now yields the floor, pet peave having been assuaged.
Imminent refers to impending, or about to occur. Eminent generally refers to something that is towering or those who hold a high station. And two Ms, not one.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Hey All,
I'm on leave (in Miami, go figure) and wanted to know what you guys in corpus with pets were planning on doing if/when the evac order comes down. The check in brief a few months ago was fuzzy on what happens to my dog when dolly rolls through. Anyone got any ideas/suggestions?

UMichfly

pilot
None
Hey All,
I'm on leave (in Miami, go figure) and wanted to know what you guys in corpus with pets were planning on doing if/when the evac order comes down. The check in brief a few months ago was fuzzy on what happens to my dog when dolly rolls through. Anyone got any ideas/suggestions?

Start fattening them up. You've got to have some available food source when civilization (at least the loose definition of civilization that is Corpus) ceases to function :D.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
What is the evac plan?

If anyone is heading up to Austin, I'd be more than willing to house a few AWs/SNAs in my apt. My roommate has been going in/out of town so there's a good probability I'd have another room available.

That and my roommate left a ton of beer in my fridge that needs to be consumed.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
What is the evac plan?

If anyone is heading up to Austin, I'd be more than willing to house a few AWs in my apt. My roommate has been going in/out of town so there's a good probability I'd have another room available.

That and my roommate left a ton of beer in my fridge that needs to be consumed.

We're all headed up there as soon as the order comes.....hurricane party + college ladies = good midweek "vacation"