• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone else see a roadtrip coming?

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i hope not i have two floating holidays on thurs and fri and if it hits all first responders have to stay behind for days....damn you chuck norris!

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good Times to come...

beer_looter_dude.jpg

Bevo16

pilot
The sky over Memphis is clear and a million, and the pattern at Millington Muni is empty. Pack up the books, get some X's and some BBQ!

nugget81

pilot
Aimed straight at Krock/Corpus. Standby to evac.

Well, more like Brownsville. The evac guide says we weather it at home if it's Cat II or less. Dolly isn't likely to make Cat III status at the speed she's moving. I imagine we'll fly the birds out tomorrow, but those of us without cloud cards and X's to get in BI's/RI's will likely stay home. Am I out in left field?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Well, more like Brownsville. The evac guide says we weather it at home if it's Cat II or less. Dolly isn't likely to make Cat III status at the speed she's moving. I imagine we'll fly the birds out tomorrow, but those of us without cloud cards and X's to get in BI's/RI's will likely stay home. Am I out in left field?

Not sure how much the Island cares whether or not it is Cat II or III.....I think we're getting flooded either way :)

Gotta say it is nice being an ENS and not having more valuable stuff than you have room for in your trunk....

MasterBates

The merged model is showing south of here, but 4 of 6 models have landfall between Baffin and CC bays.

There are 2 outliers way down in Mexico that pull the merged down. I'm going with the northern tracks myself.

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
Just the fact that the wx is making me have to remain in S. Tx just one minute longer makes me want to punch a baby.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Right before a hurricane is always the best time to check in. My welcome to Pensicola a couple years ago was right before a hurricane. For a guy from out west, not used to things other than volcanoes/earthquakes trying to kill you, it was sort of a rude awakening. But then you realize that it's either a free chance to go drinking in Atlanta or Jax or drink beer at home while watching the neighbors trash cans go rolling down the middle of the street.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Why didn't skeds send me out on weps det this week? Before the hurricane hit...