• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anybody been to FT Lewis for their pre-deployment IA/GSA training?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Pretty much what I thought. On that IA to Korea, we were all in the same barracks, E-1 through O-6.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Let's see, now:

Join the Navy, see the world ... it's not just a job, it's an adventure ... go Navy, beat Army ... and of course, fly Navy .... !!!

banner_FlyNavy.JPG

And all from the inside of a squad bay @ Ft. Lewis, WA barracks ... :)

Gosh, my Dad did that same program at Ft. Lewis in 1939 as a boot recruit in the WANG ... he'd be glad to see how far the Navy's come in 70 years ...... makes me all misty-eyed ... I wish I were still in ... :D

Does this mean Army "won" ???

H-O-O-O-OAH ???

DawgPoundfa

None
I guess I can say GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY now that my IST packet has been approved for SNFO.

The Navy guys that I see on post are staying in the WWII barracks that they have converted into a makeshift FOB. The buildings look like they might collapse anytime. They now have a mini PX next to the FOB.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I guess I can say GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY now that my IST packet has been approved for SNFO.

The Navy guys that I see on post are staying in the WWII barracks that they have converted into a makeshift FOB. The buildings look like they might collapse anytime. They now have a mini PX next to the FOB.

In Osan, we stayed in a condemened barracks, though two to a room. Spiders all over the place. It was funny in that at some point, they redid the head so it was somewhat improved. Yet whoever built the stalls put toilet to close to the door. So when you sat on the toilet, you had to sit with your legs completely spread, face almost up against the door. Pretty sweet.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I was there for 30 some odd days summer of 2005. Its where Army ROTC does their summer training for MSIIIs. Beautiful scenery. We stayed in old WWII bunkers, about 20 cadets to a floor. I'm sure your experience will be considerably different, but the base seemed very nice from what little I was able to see of it.

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
Attached is a power point we gave at Fort Lewis to the senior leadership of the groups. I was one of the Liaison Officers at Ft Lewis from Sept 2007 to March 2008, along with a Chief, and a LCDR. ECRC latter sent me and the LCDR to Fort Dix to stand that det up and we were replaced with a PS1 and a CDR (I believe they are still out there… I left ECRC in August). I still have all of my files from both forts (manuals, power points, instructions, etc), so let me know if you have any questions about the process....

-PS2(AW)

Attachments

• ECRC DET Fort Lewis powerpoint.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 104

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
This is where you will be living.... IA don't wear DCUs no more; they wear the Army's ACUs now.

baracks2.jpg

A side shot of the your WWII baracks...
baracks3.jpg

I got more pics of the area (inside and out)... If you want to see more let me know!!

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Anybody else think that looks like the set from Stripes??

stripes155.jpg

Those guys seemed to have fun there ;)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
This is where you will be living.... IA don't wear DCUs no more; they wear the Army's ACUs now.

baracks2.jpg

A side shot of the your WWII baracks...
baracks3.jpg

I got more pics of the area (inside and out)... If you want to see more let me know!!

Yep, looks alot like where I lived in Osan. Lets see some inside pics. There is a reason I didn't join the Army.

swerdna

None
Contributor
Yep, looks alot like where I lived in Osan. Lets see some inside pics. There is a reason I didn't join the Army.

Those barracks are awful. I don't know how else to put it...they are freezing cold and the head is in the basement. The lockers barely stand up on their own. But the mattresses are soft!

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Those barracks are awful. I don't know how else to put it...they are freezing cold and the head is in the basement. The lockers barely stand up on their own. But the mattresses are soft!

In Korea, the inside of the windows were covered in spiderwebs with big ass spiders. The beds looked like someone died and rotted in them, smelled horrible. What it is the point of living in shit while there? I thought a 6 man stateroom, with little a/c in the gulf was bad. The funk smell in that stateroom was god awful. Our MO would come in the room, undress, sit in his white crusty underwear, pick his stank toes then pick up the TV control. That was nice.

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
Ask and you shall receive…

This is the inside of these two story barracks; its open bay, 25 bunks at the top and 25 at the top. Side rooms on the side are for Chiefs and officers. If your O-4 and below… welcome to your new home while your there.
InsideBEQ.jpg

This is a bathroom shot. Check out the stream on the floor (yeah, they flood sometimes!)
bathroom2.jpg

Ahh… the old fashion urinals. Hope you’re not shy…
bathroom1.jpg

This is your showers… only 3 per building. We were able to secure a 10 stall shower trailer that’s nicer for each unit. We put one for each unit next to one of their barracks and depending on where your barracks is, you could be walking way across the grinder just to take a shower. Oh, and the buildings only have a 65 gallon tank. So guess what happens when 50 to 60 guys try to take a shower and wash their uniforms… bye, bye hot water!
shower.jpg

This is one of the students. You’ll be so tired, you will try to sleep when you can, where you can!
SleapingSailor.jpg

This is the LNO office building. Check out the lead paint pealing (no bull shit, the army said its actual lead paint). Guess they figured as long as if we didn’t chew on it we’d be fine. LNOs don’t work in those bldgs any more. When we were packing out of there we asked the Army did they want us to strip and wax the floor (their rules when leaving their buldings) they said "no… the floor in this building has asbestos, so we’re replacing the floor". Our responce :eek:. And they didn’t tell us this before we moved in 4 months ago why :icon_rage???
P1010196.jpg

My boss (LCDR helicopter pilot) raiding our fridge in the office. That and the dart board made working there bearable.
LCDRinthefridge.jpg

Good thing ECRC put all the LNOs up at the Ft. Lewis lodge… 1 room suites:D.
P1010131.jpg

In the summer time, AF and Army ROTC takes over the WWII barracks, so the Navy and Air Force IAs go to tint city for the summer months. I left Ft Lewis before that, so I don't have pics of those living conditions.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Ask and you shall receive…
Very nice ... very nice.

Fuck me ... except for the florescents it looks like boot camp in the '60's minus the M-1 rifle rack running down the middle of the bunks ...

And I see they still have the community "sink" in pix #3 ... :)

Oh, bunk ... what HAVE you done to yourself ... ???