• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anthropometric issues (are you too big or even too small or...)

phrogpilot73

If you're a monster or a shrimp, the Phrog is for you. Plus you have the added benefit of not having to think about Charlie times... :D

mcdwf398

You can't be serious ...

Do you think you are the first person who has thought of that? Many SNAs have done similar things mostly due to the fact that waivers are going to be very hard to get, as IBB pointed out. How do they ensure? Well, when you get measured I'm guessing you wont be their first.
Of course they have. I was referring to something besides common sense items. (yes others have it to) So to get more specific is there a back board they push you up against or something...or can you get away with just having had bad poster through high school and slouching in the lower back and shoulders...

mcdwf398

If you are CLOSE (and I am talking less than 1/2 inch), try to get measured at the end of the day, and jump off the PLF platform a few times.

Also, losing some weight will make your ass smaller and effectively reduce your sitting height and hip-knee length.

Yah, the 45 is TINY, smaller than any current fleet jet. I literally fly with my knees in my face and have to reach around my left knee to tune the radio. Just SEEING the radio is a bit of contortion in the 45A.. 45C is slightly bigger with a more fat-boy friendly layout.

Well with a tape measure (note exactly exact I know) I am right at 39" which according to this rating system and charts http://198.97.72.158/directivesCyber/directives_docs_view.asp?altentry=Y&doc=81910&lib=TEAMWORKFLOW
puts me right AT the cut off (38.9) for that stupid tiny euro jet. (you would think they would use larger ones considering all the fleet jets are significantly larger in clearances.)

I guess there is always shaving the head too...

I imagine losing weight would help though my ass is small to begin with.

So I would guess that working out the legs may not be advisable considering it would make my ass larger and harder then right?

mcdwf398

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying........allegedly. I'm 6'4" and flew the TA-4J, which I assure you is a smaller cockpit that the T-45. I've sat in both.

Think small.
Well I am 6'3" according to the recruiter....(thought it was 4" prior to that) and I always thought most the height was int he legs but maybe not...

mcdwf398

Under closer scrutiny consisting of a tape measure, square, and a level it appears I am 38.5....score!...not that i have to have jets but i would rather not be disqualified from it ya know...still cutting the hair and whatnot to make sure though.

sorry for that length of post whoring...bad forum etiquette i know. Thanks for the help with the questions though. Been reading this site for awhile now, just finally had to say something.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
Under closer scrutiny consisting of a tape measure, square, and a level it appears I am 38.5....score!...not that i have to have jets but i would rather not be disqualified from it ya know...still cutting the hair and whatnot to make sure though.

sorry for that length of post whoring...bad forum etiquette i know. Thanks for the help with the questions though. Been reading this site for awhile now, just finally had to say something.

what time of the day did you measure yourself? you know that people are about an inch taller in the morning when you just get out of bed compared with the evening

FLY_USMC

pilot

When you get measured and/or go to NAMI, just slouch a little bit....or....just don't hold your breath in and sit up as far as you fn can. I was in the same boat, I'm actually about 6'2.75" and I just slouched a bit to ensure I was good, and I was. Eventually, you'll meet plenty of big guys that fit and fly in the T-45, and once you move on to your fleet jet you won't be sucking your own :eek: evertime you fly like in the Goshawk. I can actually stretch my legs all the way straight in the Hornet...it makes a regular flight SSSOOO much nicer.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
what time of the day did you measure yourself? you know that people are about an inch taller in the morning when you just get out of bed compared with the evening

An inch seems a bit much, unless you're counting the dejected, beaten-down slouch one gets from working another day in a training squadron!:icon_tong