• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anthro Remeasurement

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Tall people (like me) want to get measured later in the day so this early morning stretch does not NPQ them.

or you could do what i did, i was over the sitting height limit by almost 3/4 inch for everything except p-3's so i just jumped off of a 2 foot box for about four hours the day before, went in and got remeasured, fit everything now (my buttock knee length, a whole different matter). either way, i fit and now i can fly :)

IrishNavy05

pilot
Contributor
Anybody know if Air Force jets have the same kind of anthro restrictions? I did a quick google and all I could find was that the sitting height to be selected USAF pilot was under 40". Couldn't find anything about particular platforms

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anybody know if Air Force jets have the same kind of anthro restrictions? I did a quick google and all I could find was that the sitting height to be selected USAF pilot was under 40". Couldn't find anything about particular platforms

There are undoubtedly similar restrictions - nature of the beast.

Brett

IrishNavy05

pilot
Contributor
It might not necessarily be as tight restrictions. After all, it's the T-45 that gets people on sitting height, not the fleet aircraft (minus the Prowler)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It might not necessarily be as tight restrictions. After all, it's the T-45 that gets people on sitting height, not the fleet aircraft (minus the Prowler)
The T-38 is not a very large aircraft either; please note that you can be selected for Naval Aviation and not fit in jets; I'm sure you can be selected for AF training and only fit in heavies as well.

larbear

FOSx1000
pilot
Up until like a few weeks ago I was anthro'd out of prowlers, but now I'm happily qualified. The selection bubba said the change was needed because the number of SNA's that were PQ for the prowler was low enough that prowler selections became a perpetual draft for short guys.

If they did this to broaden the range of applicants for prowlers, why is there such resistance to remeasurement at primary and API for jets in general? I'd think that it would be beneficial to have as many STUDS as possible PQ'd for every platform. Maybe this is a helo/p-3 conspiracy at API to keep more of the good sticks in helo/patrol land.:D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Up until like a few weeks ago I was anthro'd out of prowlers, but now I'm happily qualified. The selection bubba said the change was needed because the number of SNA's that were PQ for the prowler was low enough that prowler selections became a perpetual draft for short guys.

If they did this to broaden the range of applicants for prowlers, why is there such resistance to remeasurement at primary and API for jets in general? I'd think that it would be beneficial to have as many STUDS as possible PQ'd for every platform. Maybe this is a helo/p-3 conspiracy at API to keep more of the good sticks in helo/patrol land.:D

Because there are sissies out there who don't think Prowlers are cool, even though selecting them at this point almost guarantees that they'll be flying the G at some point in their career.

Brett

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
why is there such resistance to remeasurement at primary and API for jets in general?

Because things change like the seasons. Just like 6+ months ago, it was hard for Navy guys to get jets. Now, not so much (50 NSS notwithstanding).