• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another nail in the coffin of Old-School Naval Avaition..

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have no idea what the hell the intent of the rule is. Seems like it'd be pretty easy to spell out what patches go where, if that's what They want...US Flag or Navy Jack on the left, any patch you want on the right as long as it's in good taste. Done. But apparently they prefer it to read like its badly translated from Japanese written by a dyslexic.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm all for this, but why 60 days? Why not now? And would they just settle down and decide on one set of rules and stop monkeying with the uniform regs already?

And I thought at NSAWC, it was TOPGUN = light blue, STRIKE = blue, CAEWWS = red, and HAVOC = dark gray. I did find it amusing that the black t-shirt rule was more or less ignored by the staff down there anyway.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
"An improved design of the male E1-E6 Service Dress Blue (SDB) Uniform, incorporating a side zipper on the jumper and a hidden center zipper on the trousers, is approved. The uniform is scheduled to begin distribution in October 2015, at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, and Fleet availability is expected by October 2018. Specific details regarding fleet availability will be announced in a future NAVADMIN."

Wow, only six years to get a new pair of trousers out to the fleet. Impressive. (NOT)

About damn time they put a "center zipper" on those things...

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
Ahhh makes sense. Funny they mention that because Marine tacair is the one place (of all places) where I have consistently seen a lack of conformity with this. Some wear flag, most don't, some wear only one t/m/s shoulder patch, some wear that as well as a topgun or wti on the other side. East coast wears t/m/s on the opposite side as west coast. Every navy guy I've known has worn the standard national ensign on the left, and some sort of airplane patch on right. So I guess this is just a fancy way of telling topgun grads to wear that patch or airplane patch but not both?
More like a way of getting WTIs to wear a flag at all. Traditionally they wore their NSAWC/SWTI patch on their left shoulder so they could still wear their aircraft/friday/whatever patch on their right shoulder. They pitched a freaking fit when last year's NAVADMIN told them they must wear a flag on the left side. My uninformed guess is that NSAWC guys will be allowed to keep their baby blue tshirts to make up for the wrong so heartlessly inflicted.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yeah that was still common when I was in Marine land at NKX. That and a RAG classmate was accosted at one point for wearing the shoulder flag patch. Then there was a hubbub about making us Navy folk get rid of our flags too in order to be uniform with our Marine squadron mattes. Very needlessly confusing IMHO

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Yeah that was still common when I was in Marine land at NKX. That and a RAG classmate was accosted at one point for wearing the shoulder flag patch. Then there was a hubbub about making us Navy folk get rid of our flags too in order to be uniform with our Marine squadron mattes. Very needlessly confusing IMHO

I thought that the Marine tacair was nonstandard in that regard?

I haven't seen it, but we pretty much went through all of the patch nazi stuff and associated bitching and moaning a few years ago.

Name tag, squadron patch, community/aircraft patch the right, and either nothing or a WTI patch on the left. Always has been green tshirts.

This too, shall pass.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I'm all for this, but why 60 days? Why not now? And would they just settle down and decide on one set of rules and stop monkeying with the uniform regs already?

And I thought at NSAWC, it was TOPGUN = light blue, STRIKE = blue, CAEWWS = red, and HAVOC = dark gray. I did find it amusing that the black t-shirt rule was more or less ignored by the staff down there anyway.

Ok, I knew or could puzzle out the first 3, but what is a HAVOC?

Edit : never mind I found the acronym

hobbstc

None
Just be glad they arent like our Army commanders. Next thing you know you'll have to wear Navy aquaflage in the cockpit like our A2CUs.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Just be glad they arent like our Army commanders. Next thing you know you'll have to wear Navy aquaflage in the cockpit like our A2CUs.

Don't ever mention that again, even as a joke. Last think we want is some Task Force Uniform member getting a bright idea!!