• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another nail in the coffin of Old-School Naval Avaition..

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
So not only is it out there once for some jacked up individual to see but it's been quoted twice. Way to go and keep that thought quiet. ;)

Let's keep it going! While we're at it with the good ideas, does anybody in the Navy rock a aquaflage helmet cover?

I think it should be mandatory.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Aquaflage flight suits would be worse than our A2CUs..because you'll have that little emroidered sailboat on them! Bwaaaa haaa haaa (here comes the BAN hammer!)

Actually, I would hate to see that happen. In one fell swoop, my Navy heritage would be neutered.

RotorHead04

Patch Mafia
pilot
Courtesy of Hokie, here it is. Fun parts quoted below...

Now that I have read the whole thing ... does this mean I can do whatever I want flightsuit-wise as long as I don't go off base? And if I get any job at NSAWC, I get to wear light blue t-shirts? :p

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
So dudes in CVW-5 or any other Oconus squadrons can wear khaki flight suits whenever they want. Nice. Most of these new changes seem pretty arbitrary. So I have to wear the Ensign now? Just to make sure everyone knows I'm an American. Why does it matter which side the Weapons School patch goes? Why the t-shirt restriction? I wonder if our previous Airboss had all of these restrictions in mind when he decided to make us more uniform. Whatever. Tell me what to wear, and I'll make my PRs make my 12 flight suits match the regs. They're going to love this navadmin.

I forgot about the Nomex jacket rule. So that means I can wear my gortex jacket out in town? What am I supposed to wear with my flight suit when it's cold outside?

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
So dudes in CVW-5 or any other Oconus squadrons can wear khaki flight suits whenever they want. Nice. Most of these new changes seem pretty arbitrary. So I have to wear the Ensign now? Just to make sure everyone knows I'm an American. Why does it matter which side the Weapons School patch goes? Why the t-shirt restriction? I wonder if our previous Airboss had all of these restrictions in mind when he decided to make us more uniform. Whatever. Tell me what to wear, and I'll make my PRs make my 12 flight suits match the regs. They're going to love this navadmin.

I forgot about the Nomex jacket rule. So that means I can wear my gortex jacket out in town? What am I supposed to wear with my flight suit when it's cold outside?
Am I the only one who thinks this NAVADMIN is a huge win that has been far too long in coming? My previous skipper passed along what he heard at the CNAF Commander's Conference: previous Airboss went to previous CNO socializing his plan to allow flightsuits at Chipotle. CNO directed Airboss to further socialize it with his cohorts at SURFOR/SUBFOR/NECC. Since NWU wear rules were coming out allowing a working uniform out in town, the aviation contingent needed to demonstrate an effort to "standardize" our working uniform so that rank was obvious and we all looked like members of the same organization. Only way to do the latter without standardizing the rest of the patches is the Ensign/tshirts. We lost ballcaps out in town because the rest of the navy lost ballcaps as well. Bottom line, this shit took a lot of effort by 2 Airbosses and their people and I appreciate the hell out of it. I'm celebrating at Chipotle. Daily.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm surprised Big Navy hasn't picked up the summer tan / winter green bags thing from the Marines yet.

gotta_fly

pilot

Can't you wear your leather jacket?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2