• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anger seethes over Quran allegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
A4sForever said:
but when does accountability responsibility for things like this come into play ... ???[/b]

I'm going to go with .... never ... but I'm a cynic.

bigmouth

You know I don't speak Spanish!
I don't have a hard time believing the story. Never underestimate people's ability to make stupid decisions. But to make such a fuss about it?? Holy war???

Punish the idiots and punish the whole chain of command, and be done with it!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
newsweekarab9sq.jpg

Huh!! .... I never knew so many Islamists and clerics read Newsweek. Who could know ?????
muslim.jpg
cover9za.jpg

KBayDog said:
And the plot thickens...but wait - I thought they were already in a "holy war" against us?
Haha. Well, it's really not funny, just ironic I guess...
A4sForever said:
And now Newsweek Magazine is reporting that it "may have gotten the deatils of the original story wrong". Their "source " may not have seen the Qur'an flushed down" ..... anything.
Here's the Newsweek semi-retraction:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7857154/site/newsweek/

KBayDog

A4sForever said:
And now Newsweek Magazine is reporting that it "may have gotten the deatils of the original story wrong". Their "source " may not have seen the Qur'an flushed down" ..... anything.

If so, who will be held responsible for the many lives lost as a direct result of this piece of "responsible journalism"??? I think the answer is no one ....... I'm all for the First Amendment, no question there, but when does accountability responsibility for things like this come into play ... ???

It's real simple. Send a Newsweek rep along with each CACO and padre when Ma and Pa Kettle learn that Junior was killed because of this Newsweek-instigated jihad.

Wouldn't that make a hell of a cover story?

bigmouth said:
I don't have a hard time believing the story. Never underestimate people's ability to make stupid decisions. But to make such a fuss about it?? Holy war???

Punish the idiots and punish the whole chain of command, and be done with it!

I agree, but they don't think like that. See this represents our entire civilization in their minds. So the only remedy is for us to convert or die. It's pretty simple.

Today's Islam is a very collectivist religion. A lot of Muslims don't think like that above statement, but there are many who do, and the collectivist identity fuels those thoughts. We do it sometimes too: "kill 'em all."

Here's the best solution: STOP PUBLISHING B.S. NEWS!!! (yes, I'm talking to you Newsweek, Michael Moore, etc.)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jihad? Bring it on, motherfvckers. Last time I checked, the last group of jihadists in Afghanistan got their asses kicked in about 5 minutes.

Brett

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Brett327 said:
Jihad? Bring it on, motherfvckers. Last time I checked, the last group of jihadists in Afghanistan got their asses kicked in about 5 minutes.

Well, that's certainly a case of 'won the battle, but the outcome of the war remains to be seen...'

KBayDog

TurnandBurn55 said:
Well, that's certainly a case of 'won the battle, but the outcome of the war remains to be seen...'

Since it's been 3 1/2 years since those five minutes, I'd ask Afghanistan's new government if they feel that we just "won the battle."

This isn't a matter of "winning the battle." This is a matter of some douchebag reporters making up a story. They want the culprits? Let's turn these "neutral journalists" over to them.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
KBayDog said:
Since it's been 3 1/2 years since those five minutes, I'd ask Afghanistan's new government if they feel that we just "won the battle."

This isn't a matter of "winning the battle." This is a matter of some douchebag reporters making up a story. They want the culprits? Let's turn these "neutral journalists" over to them.
Now THAT is a great idea.

Brett

KBayDog

But Wait - There's More

Ah, yes - Newsweek and CBS News teaming up to bring us the "truth" - after the damage has been done.

Unlike CBS News's outright fabrication of the military service of POTUS, unless swift action is taken by Afghani leaders, this "err" will be paid for in blood.

I hope these Newsweek creeps can sleep at night. I also pray that God will look after our brothers over there.

Newsweek Washington Bureau Chief Daniel Klaidman said the magazine believes it erred in reporting the allegation and that military investigators had confirmed the accusation.

"The issue here is to get the truth out, to acknowledge as quickly as possible what happened, and that's what we're trying to do," Klaidman told the "CBS Evening News" on Sunday.

Whitaker wrote that the magazine's information came from "a knowledgeable U.S. government source," and before publishing the item, writers Michael Isikoff and John Barry sought comment from two Defense Department officials. One declined to respond, and the other challenged another part of the story but did not dispute the Quran charge, Whitaker said.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thank you NewsWeak...look what they've caused...making their own news I guess.

From CNN (so source is in doubt to begin with...):

Newsweek magazine backed away Sunday from a report that U.S. interrogators desecrated copies of the Quran while questioning prisoners at the Guantanamo Bay naval base -- an account blamed for sparking violent riots in Afghanistan.

[Meanwhile...(sic)]
At least 15 people were killed and dozens injured last week when thousands of demonstrators marched in Afghanistan and other parts of the Muslim world, officials and eyewitnesses said.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"The issue is to get the truth out." I guess irony is the spice of life. And they get to sleep in their beds safely at night because somebody else will be paying for their jumping the gun. It still amazes me how members of our news media can be so absolutely irre-fricking-sponsible, and then wonder what all the fuss is about.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
don't worry Newsweek's follow up story will be how the Arab street hates America and everything America does is evil. That magazine has and will continue to have blood on their hadns after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.