• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anger seethes over Quran allegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBayDog

Flash said:
The reason being is that Newsweek did what every major news organization does nowadays, that includes more 'conservative' news sources like the Washington Times and Fox News, they relied on a single source for a story. Is this perfect, obviously not. But the Woodward/Bernstein practice of getting two sources for every fact just is not possible in every case. In this case, the source of the story was shown the peice and had no objection to it and it was shown to another DOD official who did not say anything about the veracity of the Koran allegation.

The fact that it has become completely acceptable for the media-types to half-ass their profession, especially when it comes at the expense of others, demonstrates their hypocrisy.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
I don't get it. I saw reports saying the Pentagon was piiiiissssssed at Newsweek about this story, yet they had no problem with it being printed? Sounds a$$ backwards to me.

Un-named sources do not neccessarily represent the views of the agency they represent. Part of the reason they are not named is so that they can continue to leak info without fear of reprisal.

But seriously, shown to "another DOD Official" who didn't say anything about the veracity... Whatever DOD official may not have said anything about it, because they didn't know... I mean saying nothing about something is not the same as confirming it. For all we know, they could have shown it to one of their personal friends who works for DOD asked them to proof read the article and nothing else, and counted that as showing it to a DOD Official.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
zippy said:
But seriously, shown to "another DOD Official" who didn't say anything about the veracity... Whatever DOD official may not have said anything about it, because they didn't know... I mean saying nothing about something is not the same as confirming it. For all we know, they could have shown it to one of their personal friends who works for DOD asked them to proof read the article and nothing else, and counted that as showing it to a DOD Official.

Mmm yes. Another part of the word games of the media (and gov't, both are guilty through history)

HOORAH

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
shoo24 said:
You know what I'd love to see... a bunch of lawyers getting together to sue newsweek for damages to the families of all those people who were killed/injured (people in riots, soldiers either directly or indirectly, etc) as a result of their "quality" disgustingly liberal reporting. The only thing the MSM cares about is money... so burn their wallet and maybe they'll stop all the BS stories...
Probably won't be happening!! Here is a link to an article written about it.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1406423/posts

or

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=4508

petescheu

Well crap... what about "emotional damages" or something like that...? You'd figure with all the lawyers in this country there'd be one clever enough to try and get rich off of that. Oh well, it was worth a shot I guess.

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
Kycntryboy said:
kind of like the one saying we made the tsunami happen with out "technology".

I thought the liberal media caused the tsunami. Or was it that the liberal media was biased against the tsunami and wasn't giving it fair coverage?

Status
Not open for further replies.