• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Am i getting my leg pulled or is this legit?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Considering your age and experience thus far I strongly recommend the Army Warrant Officer route (just don’t pick the Apache). You will get to fly more and won’t be seriously out of sync with your peers and a more demanding naval (this includes the Corps) career path. Lots of flight time, great experience, and you can make the switch to the SHOW if you want.

exNavyOffRec

additionally, if your PFT sucks, the reality is that this is really the principal means by which boards seem to sort the wheat from the chaff. I know the numbers ebb and flow, but my personal experience was that you really needed a 285+ PFT to be considered a competitive guy or girl for OCS.
The USMC OSO that was recruiting in my area often wouldn't push people forward unless they were at 290 or better, and he had no shortage of applicants to push forward.

PMPT

The USMC OSO that was recruiting in my area often wouldn't push people forward unless they were at 290 or better, and he had no shortage of applicants to push forward.

My experience in mid 2010s was that a 290+ was more or less a shoe-in. Anything less than 285 and you were rapidly decreasing chances of selection. I had heard that from 2010-2015 (and presumably before that) the competition was ridiculously, ridiculously fierce. Lots of studs wanting to serve during the height of the wars.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I just feel like I've always wanted to be a Marine Pilot. Ever since I left OCS, I made it a personal goal to go back and finish. I'm not going to lie and I know it may sound cliché, but sometimes I feel like if I give up on this, I'm giving up on the work I've put in over the years. I know that sounds dumb, but idk. I have been looking at the air force throughout the night, and im more than likely going to try again and reach out to an air force officer recruiter

This seems like a sunk cost fallacy. You're at the point where you need to make hard decisions about what you want more: military flying career or a career as a Marine. It sounds like your OSO and his staff have already made their mind up about you.

link6

My point here is that if you want to join the Corps because you desperately want to be and feel like a Marine, be aware that the air wing is not the Marine Corps you probably picture in your mind right now.

OP mentioned intel as a possible fallback should flying not work out, and I'd stress that PMPT's sentiment above applies to intel, too. Really consider why you're fixated on the Marine Corps and ask yourself whether the MOS you choose is aligned with your goals. As a 26xx you might end up at a Radio Bn and get to play in the mud, or you might end up at a Cryptologic Support Bn and work in an air-conditioned joint-service office with an Air Force boss, a civilian supervisor, Navy and Army coworkers who play Magic: The Gathering in the breakroom, etc. Individual experiences vary wildly compared to the relatively stable "Marine-ness" of, say, 03xx fields. (This is why my answer to "Oh, you were in the Marines?" often begins with, "Well, yes, but...").

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
OP mentioned intel as a possible fallback should flying not work out, and I'd stress that PMPT's sentiment above applies to intel, too. Really consider why you're fixated on the Marine Corps and ask yourself whether the MOS you choose is aligned with your goals. As a 26xx you might end up at a Radio Bn and get to play in the mud, or you might end up at a Cryptologic Support Bn and work in an air-conditioned joint-service office with an Air Force boss, a civilian supervisor, Navy and Army coworkers who play Magic: The Gathering in the breakroom, etc. Individual experiences vary wildly compared to the relatively stable "Marine-ness" of, say, 03xx fields. (This is why my answer to "Oh, you were in the Marines?" often begins with, "Well, yes, but...").
Which radbn were you at? Im at 2nd currently and can 100% vouch for this comment.

Its also important to note that intel may just not be an option for you depending on where you fall out into the thirds