• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Am i getting my leg pulled or is this legit?

davidc1220

I've considered other branches as well, I really do want to fly for the Marines so if I have to find a workaround on this, then so be it

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I've considered other branches as well, I really do want to fly for the Marines so if I have to find a workaround on this, then so be it
Go ahead and ignore what multiple people with years of experience in the military including serving Marine officers are telling you and enlist. That Gunny will thank you for filling his quota and wash his hands of you as soon as you leave for boot camp. It sounds like the OSOs already have already pussied out on telling you the hard truth by passing you off to the Gunny,

If you enlist, the chances are far greater that you will serve 6 years as an enlisted Marine reservist than of you ever going to OCS and flight school. You are being set up to fail by this Gunny and the OSO you talked too,

But go ahead and enlist. You're the one who has to live with the bad decision and consequences.

If you really have your heart set on being a Marine pilot, take a road trip to another Marine officer recruiting district and talk to them. DOn't tell them of this scenario and see if they come up with the same thing independently. I bet they don't....

Don't be stupid.

davidc1220

I'm not planning on enlisting,my bad i should've been more clear, when I said workarounds I meant other ways of obtaining an air contract, enlisting however is not an option for me

davidc1220

I think I might have to look at a new OST. The only thing is my paperwork was transferred from one OST to this OST because they wouldn't work with me. Looks like I'm going to have to do the same

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
Go ahead and ignore what multiple people with years of experience in the military including serving Marine officers are telling you and enlist. That Gunny will thank you for filling his quota and wash his hands of you as soon as you leave for boot camp. It sounds like the OSOs already have already pussied out on telling you the hard truth by passing you off to the Gunny,

If you enlist, the chances are far greater that you will serve 6 years as an enlisted Marine reservist than of you ever going to OCS and flight school. You are being set up to fail by this Gunny and the OSO you talked too,

But go ahead and enlist. You're the one who has to live with the bad decision and consequences.

If you really have your heart set on being a Marine pilot, take a road trip to another Marine officer recruiting district and talk to them. DOn't tell them of this scenario and see if they come up with the same thing independently. I bet they don't....

Don't be stupid.
100% this. My company commander did this and was lucky enough to be selected. Everyone else that joined with him served a full contract and never commissioned. You are getting older and OCS is not getting easier. I have several friends that are/were enlisted recruiters and they will do ANYTHING to meet their ridiculous quotas. Talk to am OSO and skip the enlistment. The only advantage it can give is how they compute age, but this late in the game for you, it is a waste of time.

I joined 13 years ago hoping to do a tour, then go MECEP... here I am now jumping ship (pun intended) to be a Navy officer.

davidc1220

I figured, I just wonder why they keep pushing this option on me even though I've told them that I want to go active air. Before this, they were pushing a reserve OCS contract but had no guarantee of fully following through

exNavyOffRec

I figured, I just wonder why they keep pushing this option on me even though I've told them that I want to go active air. Before this, they were pushing a reserve OCS contract but had no guarantee of fully following through
because you are a body and if they get you in reserve enlisted it helps meet their goal, everyone cares about enlisted goals and almost no one cares about Officer goals.

davidc1220

They have not told me that and I don't see why I wouldn't be a good candidate. Anyone in my position probably would've given up and thrown in the towel, but I'm no quitter. Ive been doubted by other OSOs in the past but I never gave up and still put in the work. I know I have a mark on my name from 4 years ago, but time has moved on and I did with it, but in those 4 years I have struggled and risen. I've been fighting very hard to get back to OCS, and I know deep down ill get back there and finish what I started

exNavyOffRec

They have not told me that and I don't see why I wouldn't be a good candidate. Anyone in my position probably would've given up and thrown in the towel, but I'm no quitter. Ive been doubted by other OSOs in the past but I never gave up and still put in the work. I know I have a mark on my name from 4 years ago, but time has moved on and I did with it, but in those 4 years I have struggled and risen. I've been fighting very hard to get back to OCS, and I know deep down ill get back there and finish what I started
they won't tell you that you are not a good candidate, they will just slow roll you until you age out and are no longer an issue for them, your time is coming to an end fast so you have 2 options.

1. keep dicking around with the USMC in hopes you get your PFT up and get selected.
  2. start applying to other branches before you get too old for them too and have shafted yourself, seen it happen several times then those people are the ones saying "I should have........"

davidc1220

My other best option would be the Air Force since they're age cap is 33. I'm probably going to speak to my OSO and basically figure out whether or not they are serious about sending me back to OCS. Is this a good idea?

davidc1220

I just feel like I've always wanted to be a Marine Pilot. Ever since I left OCS, I made it a personal goal to go back and finish. I'm not going to lie and I know it may sound cliché, but sometimes I feel like if I give up on this, I'm giving up on the work I've put in over the years. I know that sounds dumb, but idk. I have been looking at the air force throughout the night, and im more than likely going to try again and reach out to an air force officer recruiter

davidc1220

I just feel like I've always wanted to be a Marine Pilot. Ever since I left OCS, I made it a personal goal to go back and finish. I'm not going to lie and I know it may sound cliché, but sometimes I feel like if I give up on this, I'm giving up on the work I've put in over the years. I know that sounds dumb, but idk. I have been looking at the air force throughout the night, and im more than likely going to try again and reach out to an air force officer recruiter
If the air force seems to offer a better deal, then the clear answer will show itself