• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Alpha Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtorso11

depends. The polypro has a bigger neck because of the zipper and you get issued one anyway. However if it gets wet it still does some to keep you warm but not as much as the Under Armour. I just got done with FEX III and used my polypro half the time and under armour the other half. Under armour has advantages in that it can get wet (which was the entore time for us) and still keep you warm. I also pulled the sleeves down for my hands when all my gloves were wet. Plus you don't really need to take it off when moving to contact, attacking or patrolling. Also UnderArmor cost $50 but its worth every penny. Semper Fi.

jbelsha53

USMC NFO
None
I didn't know you posted here, torso...good to go

I'll just chime in with the praise for underarmour...I've worn it for years and there's nothing that compares, whether it's the skivvy for hot weather or the long sleeved cold weather stuff. Great gear.

usmcwife

My dh is in fox company now. Everyone that went to housing and wanted base housing was assigned no problems. They are putting us in enlisted housing which for us is fine since we were enlisted for 7 years. I came about 2 weeks early and tried to find places out in town but everything was either booked or income restricted and being a prior we made too much money. On base it takes Josh about 15 minutes to get to TBS and he doesn't have to deal with I-95 which never seems to run smoothly. Unfortunately, Quantico is not the place where you will make money on your BAH. Right now Lts are getting 1100 for BAH and most everyone who lives out in town is paying about $1150-$1250. So you are coming out of pocket for the remaining rent and also the utilities. Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions.

usmcmustang

I have a question for anybody who experienced a similar situation to mine. My orders for Alpha Co. state that I must report NLT 2359 on 28 Nov, 2004. That's a Sunday (part of a 96 I might add due to Thanksgiving), and I am wondering if that being the case, I am only going to be checking in with a Duty NCO or a OOD. Does anybody know what the deal is on Sundays at TBS?? I am getting there the week before Thanksgiving, so I am trying to figure out what I can do between the time I get there and my report date. My first choice would have been to check in early, but my orders also clearly state that I am not authorized to check in early. I then thought of looking into housing but I can't untill I've checked in according to my orders. So, does anybody have a suggestion???

nowings1

mustang-

Contact Mike Co. They'll have the info you need. The 28 Nov date might not be (emphasis "might not be") as hard as the orders lead us to believe. If you're still SOL, let me know. My wife and I live in DC and you're welcome to crash for a few days. Might even be able to arrange some Thanksgiving dinner, if you're interested.

jbelsha53

USMC NFO
None
As far as reporting in on sunday, you'll still go into Heywood hall, take a left right inside the door, the first door on your right is the OOD's office - you'll check in with him/her. At that point they'll give you a temporary room assignment, a key, etc etc...as far as reporting early, I don't know if you can, so if you want to show up a week early you'll have to find somewhere else to stay.

KBayDog

Mike Co could help, but they are not the duty experts on orders. On the TBS side, you'd probably want to talk to the student PersO at CAC. The number can be found at the TBS website. (It is a Word phone roster).

Nowings is right; orders/reporting dates are rarely, if ever, set in stone. They just require some skillful manipulation from the admin bubbas.

usmcmustang

usmcecho4, called Mike Co. and they said there will be people working there on Sunday, and that I have to wait till the 28th to check in, and I have to wait till then to get my orders endorsed and be able to apply for housing (on and off base), so I guess my wife and I are staying at the lodge (the BOQ's not available for those awaiting TBS), we'll do the tourist thing for a while and start looking at possible housing options, but I'll try KBayDog's suggestions...
Thanks!

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
ahhh, Artic Alpha ... i was in you fellas shoes almost 5 years ago, prepare to freeze your ass off!

good luck & enjoy!

semper fi

usmcmustang

BAH question: :confused:

I have a question for those of your getting BAH, do you know if it's taxable? Called housing, but they don't know. You know, trying to come up with a budget. Thanks

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
BAH isn't taxable. Any "allowance" is not taxable. However, "pay" is taxable. This includes base pay, sea pay, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.