• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

All you want to know about being a "chop" (Ask your STuPId Supply questions here)

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Subs have 1 Suppo so you're all on your own, ships usually have multiple supply officers.
If I’m not mistaken, the one SUPPO is the only officer living on the sub that isn’t a 1120, outside of LDOs/CWOs or temporary pax.

TheDR

Ok...do you want this boat or that boat? #1 choose, #2 you get the other.

This is fairly accurate, but for ENSs going active coming out of Supply School chances are you're going to be on a ship or a sub.

Seabees usually have 2 Supply Officers, 1 as Suppo and 1 as the Assistant Suppo. Also, Seabee Suppo billets are not common.

In terms of most likely then it seems ships are going to be the most likely, is there any big recommendation in terms of those or anywhere I can find those? Not sure if I should just worry about that later on since it is pretty early.

If anyone does have experience with Seabees though would still love to hear about that.

exNavyOffRec

If I’m not mistaken, the one SUPPO is the only officer living on the sub that isn’t a 1120, outside of LDOs/CWOs or temporary pax.
unless it changed in the past few years there are no LDO's or CWO's assigned to a Sub, except the occasional LDO that is nuke qualified and is the overhaul coordinator (I may have the title wrong) and they are only assigned around overhaul time.

TheDR

Hey all sorry about all the questions; had another one since I heard about GSA and IA, are those somewhat common? I’ve heard though that there’s somewhat of a “best career path” for SUPPO though and I wasn’t sure if that would make me less competitive

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
If true, this speaks volumes.

You can also do this with the Seabees, you can (and are expected) to get the SCW (Seabee Combat Warfare) and the NESCO (Navy Expeditionary Supply Officer) when attached to a NMCB unit.

BackOrdered

Contributor
If true, this speaks volumes.

The instruction since changed. It is basically a SWO pin now. You do all the way to OOD underway, which mean EOOW, CIC Watch Officer, etc.

The Air pin still can be a PQS drillex.

Hey all sorry about all the questions; had another one since I heard about GSA and IA, are those somewhat common? I’ve heard though that there’s somewhat of a “best career path” for SUPPO though and I wasn’t sure if that would make me less competitive

An IA or GSA will neither help or harm you, but they aren't worth worrying about especially with the Afghanistan pull out. I personally never thought about them since 2008.

The best path is still what is said in the community brief, no more no less.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
The instruction since changed. For the Supply Surface Pin you do all the way to OOD underway, it may as well be a SWO pin. Not sure on the Air pin, but from what I read recently, it looks like a PQS drill still.
The NASO is part PQS, part murder board.

NESCO requires PQS, Murderboard and confirmation brief

TommyGuns89

The instruction since changed. It is basically a SWO pin now. You do all the way to OOD underway, which mean EOOW, CIC Watch Officer, etc.

The Air pin still can be a PQS drillex.

An IA or GSA will neither help or harm you, but they aren't worth worrying about especially with the Afghanistan pull out. I personally never thought about them since 2008.

The best path is still what is said in the community brief, no more no less.
excuse me for my dumb question but what is an MCM? I seen some posts back someone talking about billets a new suppo will likely get his first tour and they said is would be on a ship or submarine/MCM?