• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

All things MV-22 Osprey

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I get the training areas argument, but,

Not even close.
Okay, to save us the discussion I’ll grant you there’s neat niche things you can ONLY do in Hawaii. If those things are enough to make you choose Hawaii despite of the drawbacks, great. However you have to recognize if you line up either of the pacific island duty stations against SD there’s significant shortfalls. The OP should be eyes wide open about that...since he has a choice and everything.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
We all have our priorities. There's things I miss about SD and things I miss about Oahu. But Oahu wins for me (between the two). Others might have different reactions.

Pags

N/A
pilot
The V-22 Integrated Test Team at Pax recently retired a/c 8, "Eight Ball," to the Pax River Naval Air Museum (PRNAM), article in the link is from NAN:

For those in the DC area, PRNAM will be hosting a "meet the aircraft" event for Eight Ball on 24AUG.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Totally dig the livery!
Yeah, their paint scheme is really sharp. The CMV scheme is good looking too but you'll have to wait to see it for real.

However, the USMC paint scheme looks different when new; when a/c 8 was repainted for the museum and I first saw it I thought something was wrong but there's just a lot more contrast between the three colors on USN/USMC aircraft when freshly painted and clean.

BarryD

Contributor
Yeah, their paint scheme is really sharp. The CMV scheme is good looking too but you'll have to wait to see it for real.

However, the USMC paint scheme looks different when new; when a/c 8 was repainted for the museum and I first saw it I thought something was wrong but there's just a lot more contrast between the three colors on USN/USMC aircraft when freshly painted and clean.
I was kinda thinking the same thing when they got that Harrier (about a year ago). . . it looked repainted but it could've just been me seeing a new thing on the flight line of old aircraft.

Gents,
I'm on my was to NAS Pensacola for flight school with the Marine Corps and I'm aiming for Ospreys. Anyone have gouge on the pipeline for Ospreys? Like where the schools are and for how long? Doing some family planning and would love some insight. Thanks!

Meyerkord

pilot
Gents,
I'm on my was to NAS Pensacola for flight school with the Marine Corps and I'm aiming for Ospreys. Anyone have gouge on the pipeline for Ospreys? Like where the schools are and for how long? Doing some family planning and would love some insight. Thanks!

After Primary, you'll fly helicopters at NAS Whiting Field for ~10 weeks, and then go to NAS Corpus Christi to fly T-44s for roughly 6 months. If you did Primary in Corpus, they'll send you TAD to Whiting and then you'll return to Corpus after. Then you'll go to MCAS New River to learn to fly an actual Osprey before going to your fleet squadron.

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired
So for you Osprey pilots. What happens if your max loaded (weight) and you loose an engine in flight, specifically how do you land now?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
giphy.gif

Best-22

None
So for you Osprey pilots. What happens if your max loaded (weight) and you loose an engine in flight, specifically how do you land now?

Roll on landing to a runway is the most preferred option. A no hover vertical landing is second best and that gets easier with lighter weight so you would likely fuel dump before landing.