• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

All the T-45s are down

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
What did this thread turn into???

I thought there was a thread just like this a couple of months ago. A while back I purchased my '95 Camaro Z28. All-American muscle there!! Of course, there are many things I have planned for this car, but for now I just have the cold-air intake, MAF, TB Bypass. I kinda have regrets though...I should have gotten the 6-speed with leather and T-tops. No turning back now. I used to have one of those "rice-burners" ... Suzuki RF900R. I had to sell it due to my trip to OCS, but when I get to flight school, a '04-'05 Yamaha R1 will find its way into my driveway! As for transportation, stick with the American muscle...you can't beat that.

Future Herc Driver

About to start Tac phase in the Herc.
I sold my '67 Camaro in '99. I put a Corvette motor in it. Big cam, roller rockers, Edelbrock intake and carb. Didnt go for the Holley because I didnt feel like messing with the jets every morning. 4 speed powerglide. Dual Flows. That thing rolled. It would melt the tires on dry concrete in the first 3 gears. I cant wait to get another one eventually. Ill just stick with my decked out 3 series for now.

confused_pilot

Yeah, I would just like to say there is no sub for raw unadulterated horses. I would like to take my '68 vette with a 427/435 against your german sportsawagen. Dont get me wrong, I love bimmers as much as the next guy, but I run on American blood and what is more american than muscle cars? Sh1t and people wonder why the economy is crap, everyone is buying german ensignmobiles, but sweet jesus dont get me started on the idiot with the mini cooper/neon idea. I got my vette last year for $19k, good daily driver (5ft paint job) with 45k miles when I bought it, for the money you can't beat it plus it is easy to work on! Tell me that the new computerized chipped injected cars are limited to a wrench set and timing light, and then maybe we will talk.

Future Herc Driver

About to start Tac phase in the Herc.
Maybe you should re-read my post. Comparing the 68 'vette with my BMW is like comparing apples and dogs. Two totally different things. Im not arguing the point about american muscle cars. I had to sell mine because I was in college at the time and when I drove home to see my parents, it cost me 80 bucks in gas for a one-way trip to see them (only a 400 mile trip) and when you are eating Ramen 3 times a day, the cost starts to wear on you. Also for where I am at now, with having to move every 8 months or so, its not practical and I cant see owning one of those beasts until I finish training and get settled. My dream car now though is the vette that was in Rush Hour 1. I believe it was a 69. Black, chromed out, convertible, leather seats. one day

bart27

Ok, if we're going to talk Vettes...I like the split window...I would love to have a Z06, but one of my all time favorites would have to be the GrandSport. Dont get me wrong, I love American muscle, but unfortunately if you look at any racing series, excluding NASCAR, American technology is just not getting the job done.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Speaking of V8s, wait till the 2005 Mustangs come out! Can't wait to see if that baby drives as good as it looks. *drooling shamelessly on keyboard* Probably'll beat the heck out of all those penis extensions that should have stayed in the Fast and the Furious.

T

TSPO

Patmack, thanks for the clarification, I had no idea what "rice" meant. That was sarcastic. Turns out you are a little behind the times, there, buddy. You are right in your definition of a "rice burner", however, the term now encompasses a larger variety of vehicles that follow the same trend, such as the souped up Neon. While it is made by an American based company, it is intended to compete with the "rice" market, hence the grouping with the "rice" crowd. Anyway, thanks for the complement about my Audi. While it is a little more than a leather clad VW (I prefer to refer to it as a "super" VW), I take no offense to your comparison, being a VW lover as well. Man do I miss my 91 Corrado G-60... Anyway, my S-4 not only has 300 horsepower (twin turbo V-6 with a chip and K&N) with the stock exhaust and wheels, I'd lay down money that I'll smoke alot of the stock "american muscle." While you are burning your tires at the line, my all wheel drive will be launching me from even the hardest of clutch-drops. And I can even drive it in the snow! By the way, I don't feel like taking the time to research your comment about the SRT beating my S-4 in the quarter (especially since I've got aprox 50 more HP than the stock S-4), but I'd take that bet. Regardless, the SRT is little more than an engine with wheels, while my Audi is very refined and smooth. Not only is it better looking than the little bug-eyed POS, it is also better built. My S-4: 3 years old with 65K miles, still gets 27 MPG, no squeeks, no rattles, perfect condition. Glides along the freeway at 90 without so much as a peep. I also have dual stage automatic climate control, a Bose surround system, and a ton of other neat little gadgets. My point? It is a far superior car in every aspect, including performance.

Just so nobody else takes this the wrong way, I love the American muscle. There is a 68 Camaro 327 for sale that I drive by every day on my way to and from work that I drool over. Unfortunatly for practicality sake, I must drive something newer, safer, and more comfortable, so I choose my German Sport sedan. I also have insurance to consider. I'd love nothing more than a new Corvette Coupe, but my insurance payment would be more than the car payment, not to mention the lack of a backseat. But the guy who mentioned the economy? Come on man, do you really think your American car (the new ones anyway) is really made in America with American parts? I'll bet it's not.

stevew

Speaking of American Muscle, anyone see the '04 Pontiac GTO? V8 5.7 liter, 340 hp. Does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. Definatly sweet, ranks up there with the new 05 Mustang.

NuSnake

call me crazy, but I have to agree with TSPO.....an Audi S-4 is probably one of my most favorite cars out there. Speaking of old VW's, I had a 1988 VW quantum. 200,000 miles on the origional clutch, and I drove the hell out of it.....I loved that car!! But yeah, S-4 is a sweetass car.

however, that SRT does 0-60 in under 5.5sec if im not mistaken, I dont give a damn, thats fast not matter where you fall in the car world. But yeah, for my money, german engineering would be the way to go too.....

Status
Not open for further replies.