• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

All the T-45s are down

Status
Not open for further replies.

bart27

Ford? You know what they say...Found On the Road Dead. BMW is deffinitely a good make...I prefer their Lightweight M3. The new Subaru WRX w/ turbo is a good bang for the buck. Sorry to hear about the 45s. Hope they're up and running soon.

bart27

I'll have to go test drive the new Neon...the other one I love is the Mini Cooper w/ all the goodies. Boys and their toys.

T

TSPO

no kidding, neon? wrx? cheap rice junk... get yourself an Audi S4 and you'll never look back (except to see the 3 series getting small in your rearview!)
Although, I'll have to admit that I rode in an 02' M3 and it was pretty sweet, but 50K is a bit out of the range of my 2nd LT pay
The mini cooper S isn't bad either, not enough horsies for me though. I swear by my Audi's all wheel drive; I won't own another car without it. The WRX has AWD, but my buddy has one and the interior just feels so cheap, doesn't even come close to the Audi, not to mention I'll smoke him under any conditions.

orthaj

I'd believe that a neon could be as fast as a WRX (well...not actually). It is possible to make a fast little four banger. But why would anybody want a car that falls apart in less than three years. The new S4 is sweet, the police cheif in our city drives one, I guess that is because he can get with it. My 0-1 pay might make the car payments, but not the insurance.

T

TSPO

Yeah, the new S4 is sweet, but it's almost as pricey as the M3. Mine is a 2000, the biturbo 2.7. I got it chipped, though, pushing nearly 300 horse, just as much power as the '04 S4 at half the cost. Easily affordable on the 0-1E pay.

bart27

I would have to agree that Audi is a great car w/ lots of hp, but I have seen a Mini Cooper Turbo out-perform the S4 on track. I think my all-time favorite car is the Ferrari 355 F1, but how many of us will ever own one of them.

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
Anybody in here drive something cool? Preferably something older, made in America and with a huge souped up V8? Really... I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but there is nothing more annoying than a whiny four cylinder with loud exhaust. It sounds like a pissed off weed whacker. Also, whats the deal with putting spoilers on cars that have front wheel drive?
I've gotta say it... If you're going for "cool factor", you just can't beat old muscle.

bart27

Hey now, dont be making fun of my civic...jk. Although I drive a civic, its still factory including the exhaust. I have only replaced the wheels and speakers. My muscle car is actually a truck. Im restoring a 77 Chevy Shortbox. I know, I know...how can somebody restore something thats not much older than them, but thats why I chose it. I can still get parts easily from GM (ie front fender for $75-100). It has the small block 400 and will have every factory option that was available in 77. I guess its just something fun to play w/.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Originally posted by Patmack18
I do have a rice rocket though, Honda Superhawk 996.

I was gonna say... for affordable performance two wheels are definitely the way to go. Ride one and you'll understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.