• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

All the T-45s are down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray

Some poor bastard in Meridian had a stuck throttle yesterday and upon inspection it was found that the throttle quadrant had the wrong bushings in it. And just to make sure they pulled a random jet from their line and looked at it too. It also had the wrong bushings. So they called Kingsville and a random inspection here revealed the same problem. So they are all grounded. As far as I know its the first time the T-45 fleet has been grounded. Its not such a big deal for me, but all the guys doing CQ and the weps det are probably loving it.

zuggerat

that sux...how could that have happened...they come from BAe like that? or just mistake during the maintenance process, althought i find it hard to believe that every person in the maintenance crews put on bad bushings...big oops

kimphil

Hey it's British so you know it's crap!
propeller_125.gif

Ray

Kingsville now has 4 up jets. Out of 77. Not a very good percentage, but at least they are being fixed.

Jedj

is kingsville where they do jet training, is that where the T-45s are. and what exactly is a stuck throttle?

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I need front seat landings! I heard that eight 21 guys did cq's with only 3 jets.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Yeah and one of those jets was at NAS CC for the MATSG change of command, along with 5 hornets from who knows where.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kingsville now has 14 up... and increasing, slowly. Apparently it takes about 40 man-hours per jet to inspect, take the ejection seats out, fix the problem, and put everything back together. It looks like it takes about 2-3 guys working simultaneously on it to get them fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.