• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aircraft Nose Art/Pin Up Girls

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Not sure about extent of using girl pin-up's, but Germans used a lot of nose art on their a/c during WWII.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I really dig this guy's stuff - old skool, but with a new skool twist. If I had the money, I'd get one on my bike.

Andrew Bawidamann

deathfromabove.jpg

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
Alberto Vargas is the main Esquire pin-up artist from the 40s--he was one of the first masters of the air brush. There is a coffee table book titled Vintage Aircraft Nose Art by Gary Valant that has over 1000 photos of nose art (and jacket art as well.) (Sorry--no scanner at home.)

badger16

None
Here are some great pics of the nose art applied to one of VS-21's jets prior to their decommissioning a few years ago. It's sad to think that such a good looking jet is just sitting out in the desert now...

I just saw that Jet about 3 weeks ago...

Attachments

• n8608190_41153311_8343.jpg
    n8608190_41153311_8343.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 94

badger16

None
The Pima Air and Space museum in Tucson, Arizona. Right across the street from Davis Monthan AFB. Great place if you get a chance to see it. Go during the week and you can get a tour of The AMRAG.