• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aircraft Nose Art/Pin Up Girls

Cams1215

Hey all, I am looking for pictures of old school pin up girls showing Navy or Marine Corps... the stuff that WWII bombers and fighters had painted on the nose... like Sentimental Journey, Memphis Belle or Liberty Belle... I'm looking for the perfect pin up. I am in the process of painting my bike, and I want to go this route with it...

I've attached a picture of where i'm at with the bike. I've bobbed the fenders. dropped the rear end 1.75 inches, but am toying with dropping it another .75 inches. Its got 2.5'' shotgun straights, wrapped. Handle bars ar 15'' up, 9'' back. Side mounted the plate and brake lights. Bullet signals front and rear. Its an 01 v-star 1100. Right now its primer black, and why i'm here. I need to finish painting it. I cant decide on two pin-ups, one on each side of the tank, or just one right on top under the speedo... opinions are welcome...

I've been browsing around on here for a while, and with everything else I've seen come through here, I figured this would be a good place to start... Soon as she's done i'll post some more pics.

besides it will give me something to do while I wait on my app getting through the aviation selection boards this FEB. and then waiting to hear back about it... haha

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 120

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
14461332_278ea6e5e1.jpg

just my suggestions.

phrogpilot73

Maybe I'm biased...

But here's my vote:
321NoseArt.jpg

VMFA-321 was the squadron that I grew up in, as a young enlisted guy. I was sorry to see it go... Some good pictures in the downloads section of http://vmfa-321.com/. I gotta get one of those coins...

gotta_fly

pilot
Be careful about any kind of Hell's Angels reference on the bike though... I'm reading Sonny Barger's unofficial history of the motorcycle gang by the same name and they don't seem to take kindly to the name being used without their permission.

BTW- that's a great looking bike so far, be sure to post another pic when you have the artwork done!

phrogpilot73

Be careful about any kind of Hell's Angels reference on the bike though... I'm reading Sonny Barger's unofficial history of the motorcycle gang by the same name and they don't seem to take kindly to the name being used without their permission.

BTW- that's a great looking bike so far, be sure to post another pic when you have the artwork done!
For what it's worth - Sonny Barger (whoever he is) can lick my hairy balls. The Hell's Angels of VMF (later VMFA-321) used the name Hell's Angels before any of those retarded, idiotic, criminal fucknuts were even a sparkle in their grandparents eyes. 1943. Again - they can bite my balls.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
It was the Army Air Corps, much more so than the Navy & Marine Corps, that was so much into "nose art" during WWII.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
It's funny (funny odd, not funny haha) how much more crude they could be in the military during the "innocent" 1940s, while anything close to that would get you hung today. Contrast that with the civilian world outside the gate then and now--it's almost as if the mores of the military and the civilian world have swapped.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Is anyone REALLY offended by this type of stuff? Not in terms of,"Oh my God, we might get caught" offended, but in the terms of "I just can't stand seeing nipples on an airplane" offended.

1. If those people exist, and perhaps they do, they need help.

2. Women in the military? Fine. A female crewchief wants to paint a naked guy on the plane with a missile for his johnson, go ahead. Won't hurt my feelings.

3. If people in the 1940s could deal with nudie pics, maybe we can too.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's funny (funny odd, not funny haha) how much more crude they could be in the military during the "innocent" 1940s, while anything close to that would get you hung today. Contrast that with the civilian world outside the gate then and now--it's almost as if the mores of the military and the civilian world have swapped.
Interesting point . . . never thought of it that way.
3. If people in the 1940s could deal with nudie pics, maybe we can too.
I seem to recall reading somewhere that a lot of those nose art designs were due to the crews being off in BFE, leading to a) no chicks to look at, thus the nose art, and b) no Little Old Ladies' Knitting Circles to get the vapors over what was on their grandsons' planes. Supposedly, even then, there were instances of a plane going home with some risque nose art, the General's wife or someone seeing it, and a kneejerk "repaint-all-the-planes" reaction.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
It was a little different then when the population recognized that those planes were going off to kill and maim people and break stuff.

Also, CNN didn't have a "man on the inside" to film a plane landing, then run a story at 11 about the dangers of pin-up nose art.