• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air France Flt 447 Crash

Renegade One

None
I dunno...what can you say about an aircraft that only let's the flight deck crew "have a vote" rather than having unambiguous control. Too many guys with ATPs on this site who are way, way...like WAY ....smarter than me for me to say any more.
"Take a Chance...Fly Air France!"

Criminal

God's personal hacky sack
pilot
It seems more like bad SA coupled with lacked training. In a stall for 4 mins, while continuing to pull back on the stick to try to climb.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I dunno...what can you say about an aircraft that only let's the flight deck crew "have a vote" rather than having unambiguous control. Too many guys with ATPs on this site who are way, way...like WAY ....smarter than me for me to say any more.
While I fly the 767, I've talked to guys at my airline that fly the A330. There are ways the pilot can have unambiguous control without the computers taking over. You just have to put the aircraft in that flight mode. I'll probably find out how within the next year unfortunately....

Fallonflyr

pilot
While I fly the 767, I've talked to guys at my airline that fly the A330. There are ways the pilot can have unambiguous control without the computers taking over. You just have to put the aircraft in that flight mode. I'll probably find out how within the next year unfortunately....

Just remember, the weight limit for the tray table is 140lbs if you get my drift.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord

I dunno, what can you say about the Hornet/Rhino?

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Similar to the NY accident with the DHC-8 - stall coupled with pulling back on the yoke. Of course in that accident the a/c was on approach and had a lot less altitude to recover.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Similar to the NY accident with the DHC-8 - stall coupled with pulling back on the yoke. Of course in that accident the a/c was on approach and had a lot less altitude to recover.
I certainly can't claim to be God's gift to pilot land, but both cases still bother me. I know there were distractions and mitigating circumstances, but they both seem like failures of basic airmanship. They teach "max, relax, level, ball" when you get your PPL, FFS.

I've done plenty of stupid crap in an airplane in my time, and but for the grace of God go all of us. But still, I worry.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I'm no expert on multi-crewed aircraft, but it seems like bad idea to me to have one set of control's movements not matched on the other set. There were obviously several factors at work, but if the one pilot could have felt the other holding the stick back disaster may have been averted.

Criminal

God's personal hacky sack
pilot
How often do airline pilots train for basic flying like stalls? Or do they even in planes of that size?