• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Farce Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin

but see, that's not the point, "air force pilot of the future wannabe but already there cause youre a future pilot (or some horse**** like that)". you talk a big game about how you hate the navy for it's lifestyle and the way you were treated and all that, and you get all defensive about somebody making cracks about af pilots, and then you point people out for getting their "feathers ruffled" or something.....man, you make no sense at all. but it's definitely amusing, i'll give you that much (albeit not as amusing as wintersibs).

T

TSPO

"you talkem big game" (said in an old western movie Native American voice) lol

Don't you get it man? Yeah, I hate the Navy's lifestyle and have a problem with the (unwritten) policies towards officer/enlisted segregation and social classification. Those comments were the only ones I made in seriousness. The defensive posture concerning the cracks about AF pilots is all part of the game. You say we suck, I say we don't suck and that you suck, I'm outnumbered on a predominantly Navy board, everybody jumps on the dogpile, its fun. Whatever, I'm just holding up my end of the interservice rivalry, even though it was pointed out to me that I am not qualified to do so. It's my excuse for poking around in the proverbial hornets nest. No, I haven't yet earned the title of Air Force pilot, even though I am a commercial pilot. However, having been selected as a pilot candidate, I feel a bit of loyalty to the Air Force pilots, and the knowledge that I will be an Air Force pilot upon completion of UPT in a little over a year adds to my interest in the rivalry. Wannabe? Damn straight, even though I prefer gonnabe. Always have been and always will be. What about you? Don't you want to be something? Do you have the balls, desire, determination, courage, skill, and intelligence to do whatever it is you've always wanted to do? I claim the title of wannabe with pride, because that's the only way to get to the goal.

NuSnake

I wanna be that guy that cruises around hangin off the back of the trash truck goin 60 mph down the interstate!!!

jaerose

TSPO, I claim all of those things that you describe for a wannabe, but for the Navy. We get to land on 'boats' man! J/K...that's cool that you're loyal and that you're already a commercial pilot. How did you manage to avoid the layoffs and such? I must say, though, that the comment about it being fun on the bottom of the dogpile makes me wonder about you...don't ask don't tell...just kidding again! In the end, we all work together, for the same boss and do similar jobs.

Kevin and BDCPUAH, I hear you have an opening for dangling from the back of an out of control garbage truck...I'd like to apply. Here's my resume...

JR

T

TSPO

Sorry for the confusion, JR, not an employed commercial pilot, I'm actually an Air Force 2nd Lt. waiting on my UPT start date. I meant I have a commercial cert.

And the trash truck job seems pretty fun, unless it's 10 below outside.

jaerose

Either way it's still pretty cool that you can fly those guys. We're going to be garbage men in Miami, see, so we already thought through the whole cold weather scenario. In case of hurricanes, we plan on treating them like state holidays, plus that just means we can make more money during the clean up. BTW, we'll be independent contractors (now lowly state hourly wages), so we can charge whatever we want...muah-ha-ha-ha-ha...sigh.

JR

hey jaerose, BDCPUAH, kev...you can find some interesting things in them garbage cans. I've seen credit cards and I've heard of someone who found a loaded handgun...could be an interesting job. Esp. after a hurricane...you can walk into a sporting goods store and claim you're "cleaning up the mess."

NuSnake

not to mention all the 6 foot blondes we will find hangin out by the side of the road.....uhhhh well, at least I think thats where the sweet girls are......haha

spsiratt

24 April OCS
Don't worry about me, Sally, I'll be just fine. You're gonna have a wicked tough time though. I just can't listen to your bellyachin' anymore. You're a loser and you just may realize that when you wash out of UPT because of that bad attitude of yours. Probably not.
BTW, "hapless" is the word I meant to use. Sally needs a dictionary or another angle of thought perhaps.
One last thing, you were waaaay off base about me. Keep guessin'.

spsiratt

24 April OCS
One last question for ya, Sally. Why do you even come to this site? You don't like the Navy. You've never contributed any useful information to anyone. What's the draw? Do you just need someone to talk to or what?

Shepherd

As I read these hard words from the Air Force folks, I can’t help but picture them wearing their brand new blue utility uniform with those new pointy hats (which look suspiciously like Marine bdu cover), typing those witty words on a laptop while they ride on an exercise bike to improve their “ride time.” Keep it up guys, this is better than comedy central.

Status
Not open for further replies.