• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age Waiver question

Status
Not open for further replies.

marti

Thanks E5B. I'm trying to figure out the best way of getting my feet prepared for OCS. I have a few pair of the old style boots that I plan on running in. I was wanting to get a pair of the new style, but my OSO told me there was no need to do that anymore. Screw that, I'm gonna give my feet hell now so that when I'm at OCS I'll have one less thing to make my life miserable. Would you reccommend trying to get a pair of the new boots, or would it be just as good to break my feet in on the old style? Any advise would be appreciated.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
The new boots are running just under $100, and you will have them issued to you anyway. I would think that if you break in an "old" pair of boots, your feet will be prepared for the rigorous training at OCS. Just because the boots are the "no break-in" type, doesn't mean that you won't get blisters, or your feet won't hurt. You have the right idea, give your feet hell no, get em used to it, but don't injure yourself. Good luck!!

"You forgot your fortune cookie"

Dirty Harry

airwinger

pilot
Just before I headed out to OCS I had shinsplints and my OSO suggested the I use the stretching boards(imagine a big wedge) everynight for my calves and stretch everthing else. I did it for half an hour every night for the 10 weeks and believe me, my shin splints vanished plus the stretching energized me. I owe my OSO alot. Try it

Status
Not open for further replies.