• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Adversary Squadrons

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
skidkid said:

The somewhat random association between A4s doing a commercial for an airline and the airline going out of business was funny to me. It isn't a non-sequitor; my mistake.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
A4sForever said:
By the way --- small point in keeping with the spirit of smallness inherent in your post, it's not the "film actors guild" --- that would be "FAG" ... and very poor taste on your part. It's the "SCREEN actors guild", i.e., "SAG".
Plus "FAG" has already been taken by the Hornet drivers...... :D :) :p :icon_smil :icon_tong (lot's of smilies!)

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
^ Good thing Team America is real and the Screen Actors Guild isn't. Oh wait, that's right...

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good call. The thread has been pruned a bit to try and get it back on track. Maybe someone can start an aircraft recognition thread but this is about adversary squadrons. We have posters who have at the very least trained against them and some that flew for them so dont squander this opportunity.

Keeping it on track

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Hey A4s, I heard you mention something about that dogfight13 documentary. I checked the videos out..seems to be a pretty interesting view into the adversaries' lives. But it seems like they are going away...like its the last of the true air-to-air guys....what is the current fate of these guys? The rag students they portray are the last few to be trained in the F-14...it seems they are linking the last of a mainly air-to-air mission a/c to that of the F-5 adversaries fate. Is the practicality of training in purely ACM environments basically going away? BTW...I am just a stud here in Kingsville, I have yet to do any ACM personally, I am just really interested in this.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Adversaries are alive and well, they just moved into the reserves. Ill let a Navy guy talk blue side but on the Green side the Snipers out of Yuma fly F-5s and do all the adversary work for both coasts so they are on the road a lot. Even us lowly Cobra guys fly against them.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
eddiemac0 said:
I'm crying... non-sequitor of my life!

Eddie .. I think you nailed it. Don't listen to those Marines --- they will bend your mind ... they did mine, just look at it !!! (just spell it right ) :)

non se·qui·tur n.
  1. An inference or conclusion that does not follow from the premises or evidence.
  2. A statement that does not follow logically from what preceded it.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A4sForever said:
--- IF if was the boys from Fallon, i.e., the Saints, they have BOTH single and two seaters .....

советский снайпер ... USMC-style

Or ... it could have been the boys from Yuma, too , as the "Snipers" of VMFT-401 also sport single and 2-seaters. Nearly every/any Adversary outfit has two seaters in their livery. And the "Snipers" also get more flight time than any other fixed wing squadron in the Marine Corps --I suspect ANY squadron in USMC with the exception of those in the sand. They, like all the rest of the Adversaries deploy on dets to Key West on a frequent basis. Take it from me; this is a VERY GOOD DEAL if decide not to make the military a full time career -- and you can get into it after joining the Reserves.

003ad.jpg
vmft-401.gif
03973hn.jpg