• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advantages and Disadvantages of Different Aircraft

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
That I was. But I never begrudged my classmates who wore the uniform common to their future service on Fridays. Why? At that point we were all in it together, and it was our expression of "Finally! There IS a light at the end of this god-forsaken tunnel."

Did their name tapes say, "US MARINES" or "US NAVY?"

KBayDog

The green/winter, desert/summer thing was silly to start with.

Agreed. It does nothing for us, other than give some people an opportunity to send out painfully detailed instructions as to when one can wear each uniform on the day the turnover occurs. Pick a uniform and stick with it. (I've always been a fan of greens, whether they be Woodland or MARPAT, as green hides stains better!)

Rolled sleeves have always been distinctively Marine.

For the past 30+ years, it has. However, no nametapes was always distinctively Marine. Rank insignia on covers was always distinctively Marine. Campaign Covers were always distinctively Marine. Gaiters were always distinctively Marine. etc, etc, etc...

The sun will still rise on the 24th, and a new generation of Marines will be able to talk about the "Old Corps, back when we used to roll our sleeves."

Edit: You want to see heads explode and fists go through concrete? Ask my peers in your squadron about the "Great Sleeves Up/Sleeves Down Debacle of 2008."

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
I didn't go to the Academy, but for putting up with their bullshit for four years, the so called "warrior day" sounds like a little bit of relief for them where they get to wear something more enjoyable than what they're used to.

Funny, I thought that getting a first-class education at government expense was the payback for putting up with all the Academy BS.