• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Adios Bluberries

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Nice try, but I was asking a legitimate question, without an agenda.
No, you're right about one of the reasons we got NWUs. There was a sense of "the Navy recruiter showed me a picture of [this that or the other Navy uniform] so I went to the Army [or other service] recruiter instead." Enough people got it in their heads that we could get a bigger piece of those recruiting prospects if we had a camouflage uniform to be more rah rah we're military too. Not sure why we care about rounding out recruiting quotas with people who can't figure out how to google a few uniform pictures before they talk to a recruiter...

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
That was one uniform change I could get behind, much better than almost every other uniform change in the past ~18 years.
Yeah, all it would have been was just a khaki jacket/blazer/whatever they call it. You already have the other pieces- shoulder boards, SDB tie, khaki shirt, pants trousers, cover...

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
No, you're right about one of the reasons we got NWUs. There was a sense of "the Navy recruiter showed me a picture of [this that or the other Navy uniform] so I went to the Army [or other service] recruiter instead." Enough people got it in their heads that we could get a bigger piece of those recruiting prospects if we had a camouflage uniform to be more rah rah we're military too. Not sure why we care about rounding out recruiting quotas with people who can't figure out how to google a few uniform pictures before they talk to a recruiter...
I think there is some truth there. On one hand, I don't think you should choose your service based on the uniforms, but I also think that an overly lame <wanted to use another word here> uniform might dissuade someone on the fence.

Look at the bright side (pun sort of intended), you could have had one of these:23157

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Figured I'd just use this thread to ask the question... Watching a White House briefing and the 2-star (?) has NWU type-Guacamoles. Are NWUs now authorized within the beltway?

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Figured I'd just use this thread to ask the question... Watching a White House briefing and the 2-star (?) has NWU type-Guacamoles. Are NWUs now authorized within the beltway?

Yes. It's so we can be more like the Army or something. I'm not sure which NAVADMIN allowed it but it's relatively recent.